Stone Mountain Walk-Up Trail

Stone Mountain Walk-Up Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Stone Mountain, GA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Some of the best barefoot running trails in Atlanta! The smooth rocks on the main walk up trail are almost continuous; only one or two places with a little bit of crushed gravel to tiptoe over. And the view from the top is amazing! Different in every season and weather. Truly invigorating, and well worth the climb, as there are restrooms and free water fountains at the top. On the way down I like to follow the trails just off to the right. They're completely and thoroughly pine needle lined and very smooth for running; they offer a more gradual and less impactful descent. I adore this place! And where else in Atlanta I can I find such great elevation? Just sad I can't bring the dogs there onto the mountain; they can only walk around the bottom. But really there's too many people to bring them anyway. The least crowded time is midday mid week. But if it's a beautiful day, you will definitely not be alone. It's just too good there!

Local tip: get annual pass for $45 per car I think. Totally worth it if you'll go more than 3 times. Fill your car up with your friends and family and have a blast! Having a pass makes me go more often for sure.

Enjoyable hike, very crowded with all types of people and all abilities, several people with loud booming music. I would rate higher, but you have to pay $15 to even get to this place.

Great leg workout!

Well worth the climb. The views are incredible. There were kids/young adults rushing by on the way up. Some of them were on the side of the trail huffing and puffing before the top. Others were already headed back down.

If you read the reviews there are folks doing it in 17-19 minutes. It took me an hour and I was grateful just to get there. The veiws are amazing. That was five years ago. Not sure I will try it next time.

A nice climb for exercise and good views. Fairly heavily trafficked with a gondola building at the top. Not a hike to do if you want peace and quiet.

Steep incline to the top. Very open and sun exposed. Went on 09/24/16 and there were lots of people.

Quick and fun hike. Great views. A little more crowded, but there's lots of space to spread out and relax at the top.

Short hike near city Atlanta. It took me 19 minute going up. It can be varied by individual and weather. Great view!

Most rewarding cardio and strength workout under a 30 minute climb to top. The view is amazing!

Very wide and well labeled path, but can be steep in places. Only took about 30 minutes to get to the top and less then that back down.

I love it. its difficult if your jogging. I never stop when walking which make it even more difficult. no stopping on the mountain!. I usually go up twice. average time 17-19 minutes.

nice, wide rock path, reasonably steep.

The day we did this trail it was pouring rain within minutes of getting to the mountain. The surface quickly proved to be very slick and my cross trainers were not up to the challenge. Though I did not fall (a few close calls to be sure!) I did witness many people sliding down and or falling. Next time, I'll wear my hiking boots and leave my camera in the car in case there is another unexpected down pour.