Stone Mountain Walk-Up Trail

Stone Mountain Walk-Up Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Stone Mountain, GA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Steep incline to the top. Very open and sun exposed. Went on 09/24/16 and there were lots of people.

Quick and fun hike. Great views. A little more crowded, but there's lots of space to spread out and relax at the top.

Short hike near city Atlanta. It took me 22 minute going up. It can be varied by individual and weather.

Most rewarding cardio and strength workout under a 30 minute climb to top. The view is amazing!

Very wide and well labeled path, but can be steep in places. Only took about 30 minutes to get to the top and less then that back down.

I love it. its difficult if your jogging. I never stop when walking which make it even more difficult. no stopping on the mountain!. I usually go up twice. average time 17-19 minutes.

nice, wide rock path, reasonably steep.

The day we did this trail it was pouring rain within minutes of getting to the mountain. The surface quickly proved to be very slick and my cross trainers were not up to the challenge. Though I did not fall (a few close calls to be sure!) I did witness many people sliding down and or falling. Next time, I'll wear my hiking boots and leave my camera in the car in case there is another unexpected down pour.

This is a great hike. It can get taxing toward the top, but the view is great! There are refreshments at the top if you forget your water.
Note: early morning is best and NO dogs allowed :/

We started at the base, took the Cherokee trail to the connecting trail that led to this trail. Then we took the tram down. It was very difficult, but there were a lot of people doing it. The views from the top are very nice. The campground is beautiful and we stayed here for two nights.

This trail is very busy, lots of people enjoy the walk up the mountain. I had on tennis shoes the first time and that proved to make it much more difficult than if I had proper boots, because the trail is so busy the steep parts (of which there are a few) become very smooth under the foot traffic. Add in a bit of sand and they become difficult to manage without falling. You'll be red-faced at the top of the mountain as the steepest bits come towards the end (my heart rate climbed to the 170s) but the view is great. I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing a dog with me only because of the number of people.

Great short hike with an awesome view