Stone Mountain Cherokee Loop Trail

Stone Mountain Cherokee Loop Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stone Mountain, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take I-285 to Exit 39b, Stone Mountain Parkway towards Snellville and Athens (East). Travel 7.8 miles to the exit for Stone Mountain East Gate, where you pay an entrance fee. Now known as Jefferson Davis Dr, the road intersect with Robert E. Lee Blvd in 1.0 miles. Turn left on the Robert E. Lee Blvd

One of my favorite trails. Amazing views of the giant mountain of granite, cool shaded woodsy walk, stream and lake views.

Lots of well packed, well-traveled trail, good for barefoot trail running, as well as easy walking. Some sections have a lot of rocks or roots to mind your footing, which I like; keeps me on my toes! Nice variations in scenery: flat Lakeside, rolling Woods, bare rock face and beautiful streams leading into the lakes in places. Some beautiful leaf colors and wildflower displays along the way. I run it regularly. Quite empty on the weekdays, especially side trails, where I like to let the dogs run free for a bit.

I remember it well. A nice hike around the mountain. We went up later that day. There wer a lot of people on the trail but it was still nice,

It has been five years since the last time but I still remember the beauty. Hopefully I will be in the area next year. This is one of the most popular hikes in the area and with good reason.

Hiked the loop counter clockwise. Enjoyed the entire trek. Easy hike for beginners. Don't forget a camera. Plenty of beautiful scenery. Took about 2 hours.

A great and strenuous walk through several disparate ecosystems with various terrains and telling doing change in elevation. And also some use through the prism of 19th-century living that are still standing along the trails. Call this makes for at least a four star hiking trail just minutes from the bustle of Atlanta.