Sope Creek Trail

Sope Creek Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Marietta, GA that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

$3 Parking Fee

Well shaded and beautiful fall foliage. We didn't have time to go exploring on any of the side trails so will update after my next visit. The main trail had moderate hills and turns. My dog is out of shape and this was a great hike for him. My only complaint is that it was very heavy with mountain bikers and on some of the blind turns they were flying by us. If you walk the main trail you must be very observant and be prepared to quickly jump out of their way. They were always polite but we're going very fast and some parts of the trail were narrow. Bikers aren't allowed on the side trails so we will check those out as well.

Awesome looping trails with a lot of shade!
The creek is nice to swim in the summer as well as exploring the old ruins around the creek!

Really peaceful and shaded trail. We went to the creek. It was SO beautiful.

There's also maps every turn that help you determine where to go and how to get back.

I enjoy walking downriver most. Many trails, some annoying bikers, but those need play areas too.

Not much to see a good trail of you want a quiet walk but no real views of anything but trees

Nice trails. Map in app, gps, and trail marks didn't match well, but I found my way. More crowded than expected.

Nice trail lots of water areas to hang around.

Great for new hikers.

Awesome! Not difficult at all and being near the creek was so relaxing

Loved it!