Skidaway Island Trail

Skidaway Island Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Savannah, GA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a trail I walk regularly with my 5 year old son and dogs. It is very well maintained, the scenery is absolutely beautiful. There are many places to stop and rest comfortably if need be. I do suggest you bring some bug spray and a camera. :)

This trail has the look and feel of being somewhere other-worldly. Spanish moss draping everywhere, large palms and humid air. The walk/hike is easy and the flora and fauna are incredibly lush and diverse. I'm pretty sure the Tree of Life resides here, along the water. It's roots twisting and weaving with lizards scurrying about! A must to experience if you're in the area!!

Great spot I love to come to with my active toddler who can quite easily manage the trail (sandpiper and avian loop trails) walking along side me pointing out all the crabs he can see. First time we went we took a stroller and although the trail is supposed to be accessible we found the roots and sand too much for an every day stroller. Open areas are very harsh in the hot sun.

Very pretty trail, lots of shade and not too crowded.

Easy hiking trails through the woods and along the water at this state park. Recommend hiking during fall or winter when weather is cool- during the summer months the heat and humidity are fierce! Great bird watching in the area. Also nice visitors center.

Five dollar parking. Great hike for the whole family with turn offs if you get tired.

Great trail for jogging or hiking. The trail is marked very well. Be cautious of the tree roots in the trail.

Very nice, easy hike. Lots of roots. Very dog friendly. The hound dog loved it.

High points ... very friendly and helpful staff. Saw two or three dolphins feeding lazily in The Narrows while we were on the Avian Loop.

Not a challenging hike, very flat terrain.

Nice for the family & the dog.

The pics are from lunch at Tubby's Tank House after the hike. Also the dog crashed in the bed. Did about 4.5 mi.

enjoyable hike, and dog(pet)friendly. Nice views, easy hike. No signs to trailhead, but easy to find. Bring water and enjoy.

I love this trail. It has beautiful views over our local marshes and landscape. We used to come out here as kids and chase the fiddler crabs when the tides were low. Great for family walks or much needed time alone

Beautiful and kept clean. Restrooms along the way were appreciated. We went at 11:45am (high tide) and had to wade across 2' of water because there was no bridge. When we came back the same way at 5pm (low tide) you could cross the same area on dry ground! The bottoms of our jeans were soaked all day. I'd recommend a bridge being built for the times when it's high tide.

Nice state park hiking trails were well maintained as well as the bike ones. Nice historical artifacts along the trail.

Very easy hike, short but sweet. Even more fun when it rains, however the bridges become so slippery its hard to even walk across them. I did both legs of the trail and neither took an hour. There's a few stops to read about the surroundings and an observation tower which gives you a view of the mud, trees, and crabs. My only complaint about the whole place is that there are houses in the woods, when you're trying to get lost in the beauty of nature a 3 story, bright white house tends to stand out.

This is a great trail for what it is. It's in the woods and vegetation which is beautiful. It could be longer. That's my only complaint. Twenty miles of a trail like this would be heaven. (:

This is a great trail! I biked the part that could be biked then hiked the hiking trails. Very enjoyable. Peaceful.