Sitton's Gulch Trail

Sitton's Gulch Trail is a 5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Trenton, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

On the days you want to be outside, it is CROWDED. I've been there twice and there are way too many people there, but who can blame them? Beautiful views and amazing waterfalls. Worth going to, but its more of a tourist adventure rather than a hike.

There was no water when I went and the fall colors weren't doing that great with the drought, guess I'll have to go back! Came from the Park, so did half the West Rim Loop after. Just went down to the "falls" and explored that area for a while. Don't think I finished this trail either since there was no water....The park charges like $5 to get in and park I think. Coming down all those stairs was hard on the knees, but going up was very strenuous. There are lots of benches to stop and rest on the way up, which I took advantage of. Definitely took my time. I already plan to go back when there is more water so I would gladly do it again! Tons of steps and all!

Awesome trail/hike. The steps back up were really intense. Especially after hiking for half the day before hitting this trail. I'd do it again though, crawling up the last few steps and all.

We started from the Park so the steps were first but then they were also last and needless to say, 600 steps up. Regardless, the trail is well worth the effort. My wife and I have looked into the canyon from about every angle so it was great to finally walk through the canyon and come out at the mouth. The bluffs look fantastic from the bottom when looking up almost 1000'. If you hike this trail, don't rush. Take your tone to enjoy the water, the rock formations, the forest, but most of all, the quiet.

pretty good hike at Cloudland canyon! the steps back up at the end are very strenuous!! Unless you're in very good shape!

if you into stairmasters then this is for you!

This is a beautiful park that looks like a good camping location. The stairs are a little weird, but it's the safest way to construct a path to the bottom. Not much water in the basin or any flowing over the falls, but it's pleasant and the view from the rim is amazing. I do not recommend the Waterfall Trail/Sittons Gulch to anyone who can't climb multiple flights of stairs because it is intense.

I hiked this trail back in late June and I loved it! I hiked it after I hiked the West Rim Trail, in the heat of the day. It was hot and humid and all that good stuff, but the beauty of the the trail trumped the conditions.There wasn't much water flowing throw the river bed. By much I mean next to none lol. The rocky river bed and the tall pines were just as beautiful as anything out there. The only reason I didn't give this trail a 5 star is because the flat land stretch towards the end got a little monotonous and boring. Not a big deal, though! Just be ready for those stairs on the way back up. Lord have mercy, they will definitely put your lungs and legs to the test!

I'm not sure if I am writing the review for the correct trail, but it's labeled as Waterfalls Trail in the actual park, but appears to be the start of Sitton's Gulch Trail on the south end.

I was highly disappointed in this trail, if you even call it a trail. It was a man-made stairmaster the entire way. I wanted to escape and feel like I was out in the woods which is really hard to do when you feel fenced in a boardwalk the whole time walking metal stairs.

Also, was pretty disheartening to see all the trash people had thrown over the rails especially after having to pay $5 to get into the park. I guess I am spoiled living in TN where most parks here are free to enter and seem to be way less trashed.

The waterfall was dried up when we went, which was to be expected in July, but the scenery is beautiful. The overlook is gorgeous right by the parking lot. Maybe this trail is much better if you continue past the waterfalls and further along the trail as other reviews have suggested.

very good hike! beautiful waterfall!!!

Fairly easy trail, which happens to stop at the road in my subdivision, great for experienced bikers.