Sandy Creek Lakeside Trail

Sandy Creek Lakeside Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Athens, Georgia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice easy trail and is very good if you are starting hike or training for a longer trail. however the miles is off, it 8 miles, not 6.5.

Shaded for the most part but a few sunny patches. Some inclines and not too many stumps or rocks. An easy walk or a moderate trail run. Fairly secluded although there is a section where the trail runs behind people's homes. $2 per person entrance fee.

It was a good trial and well mark. I has a pack of 30lb and had my small dog. It had only a few small hill nothing too hard to do. Great trail for newbies.

I am a novice in hiking, so unsure how to rate the trail. We went on a Thursday after school was in session and only encountered 3 other hikers. The trail was steeper than we expected (in places) but still not difficult. Bathrooms were well maintained. Trails also very nice and paths clear. A few more signs along the trail might be nice. We had our dog with us, but bank was steep so her access was limited. Bring water! We did and used it often--not for us, but for the dog! My husband and myself are in our late 60's. Park was free for our age.

Good train. A few trees down across the trail in a few places, but they didn't keep me from continuing. Starting on the back side of the lake the trail was a little easier.

We logged 7.5 miles on the trail. Wetland area is beautiful

A little surprisingly steep in places, but on the whole a surprising good hike for your typical round-the-lake loop. Some truly breathtaking overlooks on the lake when the trail runs down the shore. Close by, well-maintained and a nice length.

Longer than you might think, but not too strenuous. There are a few mild grades but the trail is well maintained and smooth. The scenery isn't much but it's a nice peaceful walk in the woods.

Great low key hike. I'm out here often with my dog. At a nice leisure pace, it generally takes me 2.5 hours.