Pooles Mill Covered Bridge Trail

Pooles Mill Covered Bridge Trail is a 0.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cumming, GA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

I should have brought a swim suit not hiking shoes.

Should have read the reviews as Jeremy nailed it, this trail is blocked with fencing and the little bit of trail that remains is overgrown. There was a nice swim hole that people were hanging out at. Instead of bringing your walk shoes, bring your swimsuit.

I was not my expectations what a hiking trail should be. No markings, no signs. it only a park for little children to play at.

More of a nice place to take photos. There's several beautiful photo areas but the hiking trail is small paved area you can complete in 2 min. There's a good playground for the kids

I went to this exactly a week ago today. It is really fun for kids and has really cool sites for everyone to enjoy. I liked it because I already like hiking and running and this trail is perfect for that. There is a river and there is a rock slide. You can hop from rock to rock and in safe parts, swim! The is a rope swing over the river. The water is usually warm and it has a great park and picnic section for parties. It is very fun. I went here for a fifth grade picnic. I hopped on rocks and swung in the water. Off in the woods I climbed up a hill and it has a perfect view of the river and the nature. It was awesome.

It seems the trail at Pooles Mill Bridge Park has been closed. I took my wife for nice walk today to find the trail fenced off. You can get to the covered bridge and the water just beyond, Which was worth the effort by itself. We found the trail that follows the water is blocked by a very tall chain link fence about 50 yards in. It appears the trail is on th edge of residential land an most likely the source of some contention.