Pine Mountain Trail

Pine Mountain Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cartersville, Georgia that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are two loops connecting Pine Mountain - the East Loop and the West Loop, 4.31 miles total with scenic views. This is a rugged and challenging hike that reaches 1,562 feet above sea level. Once you reach the top of this mountain you will be at the highest point in the City of Cartersville.

I'll have to do this one again, the top was fogged in. Sprinted this one before the severe weather moves in this afternoon. Very well marked trails.

Love this trail. Always a great hike with a beautiful view at the top.

There were a few areas that were a challenge to navigate- rocky or steep- but I was manageable. Most of the trail was easy to moderate. The view from the overlook was definitely worth the hike, so I highly recommend it. I live very close by and will be hiking this as often as I can.

I would rate this as more than moderate in terms of difficulty. Significant and steady climb to the top....also connects to the east side trails which can take you all the way to Allatoona dam.

Very easy to find off the highway. Good parking. Nice way to spend two hours. Good view from the top. You can see Atlanta.

Took the right side of the east loop off HWY-20 to the overlook and back down (not marked on here). Fun hike with a steady incline and a great view. Trail is a little rocky so just watch your step.

Loved the view from the summit. The west loop was nice but I took the extra little hike to the summit and was stunned by the view. Gorgeous. Also, it's right off of the interstate and easy to find. Definitely recommend.

Short but steep. Challenging in places. Narrow path that is rocky and has trip hazards. When I was there December 10 the trail had a thick covering of leaves making it slippery. Very natural. I had two dogs and they loved it. The view up top is great.

Awesome work out on the West Loop. Had a great time with my wife hiking up and around this awesome trail. Glad we did! Beautiful.