Pendleton King Park Trail

Pendleton King Park Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Augusta, GA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A partially paved figure-8 loop trail traversing cove hardwood, wetland and sand hills ecotypes in an urban park.

This was a very pretty "oasis in the city". I was pleasantly surprised by how peaceful and quiet it was. Most of the park is shaded and there is plenty of seating and picnic tables. Disk golf can be found along all of the trails, but there are also pavilions to rent, plenty of parking, a duck lake, tennis courts, small and large dog park for off-leash fun, a few pretty gardens, a large covered stage for events, a playground for kids, and even a beautiful grassy area with a covered deck for weddings. I came here to explore with my sister and she also loved it. We didn't see as many birds as we expected, but we still enjoyed the park. I can't wait to come back here with a blanket, picnic, and a good book! Thank you to the volunteers who do such a great job with the gardens!

Beautiful park and trail. The park is actually a "bird sanctuary" and you see/hear so many birds on the trail. This is in my city so I decided to check it out one day and like Jim said, it feels like you are miles away from urban life! I would do it again.

I run this park with my dog a couple times a week. It's not exactly a long or challenging trail, but it's a nice little surprise for being in the middle of the city.

If you like short walks that make you feel as though you are hundreds of miles away from urban life while being only blocks away, then this is the trail for you. Varied topography, vegetation and trail surface.