Panther Creek Falls Trail

Panther Creek Falls Trail is a 17.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Epworth, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Was a very beautiful hike. I took my 6yo brother with me and the hike was definitely not kid friendly in my opinion. Other than that once we got to the waterfall the view was worth it.

This was a great trail! The part we did was more like 7.5 to 8 miles for the round trip (to the falls and back out to the cars). Be sure to bring lots of water. The trail gets narrow and steep at times, think climbing on tree roots to get to the next part of the trail, but the falls at the end with the sandy beach to rest and refreshing water to swim in, it's so worth it! We went camping and found plenty of creek side spots and clearings in the woods with places for fires already started about one mile into the trail.

Great scenery along with a great hike. Lots of places to stop along the way and set up camp. Can't wait to go back!

This is a beautiful scenic trail. Lots of trailside camping along the creek. There are several neat creek crossings. But I must let you know-I am a physically fit, seasoned hiker, and I have to say, moderate does not adequately describe this trail. Portions are relatively easy, but more than 1/2 of the there and back trail is difficult to extremely difficult. Steep elevation changes, broken handrail/cables, and blazes left up from the initial trail's path. The blazes from the original trail's path were not removed when the trail was rerouted several years back. Both sets of blazes converge after some time, but if you follow the older blazes, you will end up crawling hand over hand up steep embankments. The view of the falls is ok from the trail terminus, but not spectacular.