Ocmulgee River Trail

DIFFICULTY 3 reviews

Ocmulgee River Trail is a 2.5 mile trail located near Monticello, GA. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Monticello: Take GA 83 south from Monticello for about 13 miles. Turn north on Forest Service Road 1099 and go about 1 mile to the Ocmulgee Flats Hunt Camp. The trail begins behind the hunt camp.

This trail is really waaayyyy out there. No cell service so we could not track the hike. It is an easy hike flat for the most part. The trail looked to be primarily a horse trail. We were disappointed that a trail named for a river only provided a couple of brief glimpses of a river. We heard birds but were unable to spot any in the dense tree tops. The only things were were able to spot were a couple of interesting bugs and orb spiders everywhere. Needed a stick to get through the webs. All in all I have to say, it was a nice walk in the woods but I am able to spot more wildlife in my back yard.

really gets one out there...saw plenty of horse trailers. but they must have went the other way.. did not see anyone else out..a warm day for Feb...

Primarily used for HORSEBACK RIDING. Trail can be accessed from either Hunt Camp off Fire Road 1099 or from Horse Camp on Smithville Church Road. Miles and Miles of trails. Have been riding and camping up here since 2000.