North Pocket

North Pocket is a 10.9 mile loop trail located near Chickamauga, GA and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

My family and I have hiked this several times. I have to agree with some of the other reviews, the best part is the beginning of the trail, heading up to the designated campsite. Large field for a picnic and the kids to run around in, but the rest of the trail is just so-so. Several unsafe spots for young ones. Great view over the falls, if you don't mind getting up right to the edge.

I did this trail because it was close to home. It's not worth traveling to see. It's a good hike but nothing special.

Worst trail in N GA. Don't waste your time riding this trail. The trail is not maintained at all...down trees and rutted-out sections make this a total hike-a-bike. The trail guide must have been out of date because we spent more time off our bikes then on them. Go somewhere else unless you're a masochist!

This trail is downright unsafe. The 1st part, which takes you to the "designated campsite" is nice. You'll pass some impressive rock formations on the left while approaching a double waterfall. The creek that feeds the falls borders the campsite & has some interesting remains of a stone paved path that collapsed. Even without recent rains, you're going to get a little wet crossing it.

I couldn't find a lot of detailed info on the trail. When you approach the campsite, you'll see a sign to start loop either south or other. I took south/counterclockwise. It was almost all uphill. Lots of squishy muddy slippery leaves. The blazes are inconsistent and sometimes faded to the point of non-existence.

The distance on the trail per "official trail" printed materials & signage during the trail don't add up. The view on top of Pigeon mountain was nice but the nicest part was leading up to the campsite.

For the rest of my review, pics, trail maps and more - read my blog hikingdiva.posterous.com