Mountain Creek and Robin Lake Trail

Mountain Creek and Robin Lake Trail is a 13.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hamilton, GA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Great

In my opinion this is NOT an "easy" walking trail. Lots of up and down with 8 creek crossings over rocks where you WILL slip and get your feet wet, many large tree roots and rocks to trip over especially when you get tired. Unless you are in good shape you are going to be exhausted when you finish. The waterfall at the end is pretty but nothing really special. We were treated by a group of Millenials who decided to camp right on the waterfall so we couldn't take pictures or get a good look at the waterfall we had hiked all the way to see. Go figure the self-centeredness of some folks?

Finding the trail or section of trail you want to walk is darn near impossible as the $4.50 map is worthless and the park ranger I spoke to must have started that day as all of their directions just did not match with what we saw. So we did not get to walk the trail we came to walk.

After all that we will be back. Being in better shape will help as will knowing what we're going to face. There is shopping at nearby Pine Mountain and Calloway Gardens has recreation too. I enjoyed the hike though it was not what it says it is. Being in the woods along small streams is always nice and the Medium difficulty made sure I slept like a baby that night.

Beautiful

Great trail for testing your hiking skills. Nice back country camping sites. The trail offers beautiful views and water falls along the way.

Great little waterfalls would be great in summertime. Some good climbs total dist is 23+ on pine mtn trail. Some technical rock sections. Did the pine mtn 40 race put on by GUTS, highly recommend this race for stepping up to 50k plus races. Great downhill sections climbs are there but not too bad. GUTS puts on great race plus FDR park is only couple miles from Calloway were we stayed the night.

Hiked here last summer with my venturing crew and troop. Our youngest were 11 and our oldest was 50 and everyone made it through great. Nice scenery as well. There's a waterfall that's refreshing to swim in after a long day. It's near a Boy Scout camp, which makes it a great pre/post hike for a summer camp trip.

This is a great "beginner" trail. Close enough to roads, but somewhat isolated at the same time. Moderate hills and valleys. It was heavily damaged from a tornado earlier this year, but do to a lot of work from volunteers (myself included) it was finally completely opened to the public again. Lots of fun and great training grounds.

Great variety. I have hiked here with friends and family a number of times. There is a lot of history and the scenery is fantastic. Good hiking for all ages. I have hiked with my kids ranging in age from 5 to 17 and everyone had a great time.

I have hiked here a couple of times with my scouts and love it. Great scenery, variety of terrain and good campsites.

I have hiked this trail more times than I can count. Its fun and some great places to stop and ponder. I hike it because its the closest one to my home. It does get a bit boring. It is well maintained and I always feel safe.