Mistletoe State Park Trails

Mistletoe State Park Trails is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Appling, GA that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Really enjoyed this park. Admission $5 at the gate. Nice trails and lovely lake, though the "beach" is somewhat boggy (why I rated it only 4 stars). Mastiff enjoyed the swim, and I wished I had brought the kayak. I went on a Friday afternoon, and saw only one other person there. I would definitely go there again.

very peaceful hike. Lake levels were very low.

Alot of trails in this park. I completed the Rock Dam Trail today and had a great time. The only way to get to this trail is off of another trail. It can be somewhat confusing at first. 3 campsites on this trail. Completely went by the first one without noticing but site 2 and 3 seemed nice. Alot of water crossing. I think once you complete the Rock Dam Trail and the parts on the other trail that you have to take to get to it is roughly 9 miles all together. The beginning of the trails start at the park entrance and loop back around. A few of the marked trees had fallen but over all marked well. I will go back.

Really good trails that are well marked and maintained. From a maintenance standpoint the only negative is that there was a bridge out on the more remote area of the Rock Damn trail, but there was enough downed trees the creek could be crossed. There are hills on the trails, which sets it apart from a lot of the trails in the area, and it was more challenging than any of the sections of the Bartram Trail in the area. I will definitely hike here again.

Great trail. I've done this trail the past couple weekends, exploring different areas each time, and it's a good four hours or so. Nothing too horrid- my 8lb dog goes with me and has no issues. I think it's easier for him, honestly! Crossing logs and such to go over streams is a fun game for him.

Overall, the trails are really easy to hike through. That said, a few aren't clearly marked like the Rock Dam trail and it's easy to just follow the beaten path. The rest were fine and shaded perfectly.

Awesome park with a capital A. We camped at the walk in tent sites and had a 3 sides waterfront campsite. Next day we took a 11 mile hike to the backcountry sites. 2 stream crossings and about 400 ft elevation change several times. Overall, great weekend, next time I am backpacking in to the natural dam. Just to awesome to put into words.

Took a day trip with my wife and two girls here on New Years Eve. This quiet little state park is really a gem. There is a lot of lake access, pine-covered nature walks, hiking trails with stream crossings, and a really friendly park and ranger staff. Will definitely return for more hikes and camping. There are around one hundred campsites with full hookups (if that's your thing). There are also plenty of walk-in, tent-only sites. And my personal favorite, there are several back-country sites you can camp on near a few of the trails. The one downside I'll mention is the trail map they provide at the welcome center is a little confusing. Some of the trails didn't appear to match the map names. (Could have just been me). Overall, an excellent experience. Will return!

First time backpacking on this trail. Really good time. Camped right next to the rock dam. Totally recommend for beginner backpackers, hikers or for anyone the just wants get outside. The trails are easily marked and groomed well. Be careful of a few water crossings, be prepared.

Great trail and due to some heavy rainfall during the week the creek was up and some of the crossing were a bit more challenging than before. Beautiful scenery and the camping areas were nice. I look forward to spending the night.

I have walked this trail many many times. I feel it has so much to offer for geographical change. Make sure to enjoy the Rock Dam.

perfect for the beginner and intermediate hiker. wish I had my mtn bike as there are some nice slopes

My two-year-old son and I took the Beach Trail from the beach back towards the campground area. The walk was moderate and pleasant. There are multiple wooden bridges along the way and the Forrest was beautiful with the high shady canopy.

It's a nice "strolling" walk and has many splices off of it. You could walk from the campground or from the beach house. Either direction is moderate and pretty. There are glimpses of water along the way, but Forrest is mostly what you will see.

All in all a good quick walk or run.

Fairly easy trail with a couple moderate sections. For the most part, it was very beautiful with a couple nice scenic views of the lake. Not much for wildlife and you do have to cross a couple of roads. This place has a few campgrounds throughout, but I never saw much traffic, so it was pretty peaceful. The trails are well blazed and clean. It is excellent for a relaxing walk/hike. The length is all dependent on the trails you take.