Long Creek Falls Trail

Long Creek Falls Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Ridge, GA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Blue Ridge: Take GA Hwy. 515 .8 mile east to Windy Ridge Road. Turn right and go .2 mile to the dead end with Old US Hwy. 76. Turn left, go .2 miles to Aska Rd. Turn right and go 13.5 miles to the end of the road. Turn right on Newport Road, go 4.5 miles. Turn left onto Doublehead Gap Road, and continue .8 mile to the intersection with USFS Road 58 on the right. Turn onto USFS 58 and go 5.3 miles to Three Forks. Noontootla Creek, a great trout stream is on your right as you go up the hill.

scenic driving

Secluded, lovely, and perfect for our crew that day.

Good easy trail

awesome area and great day hikes

There are so many waterfalls on this trail. if you are a little more adventurous there are trails that lead down to multiple waterfalls off the main trail. As long as you go slow it is a safe climb down. The final waterfall is gorgeous and worth the 2 mile hike.

Now the roads are a little rough going in and there were so many amazing camping sites along the way. I will definitely go back to camp. This place was awesome.

Dangerous! Hair-raising! But that was just the 13 mile forest service road from Dawsonville. The trail was delightful! Short, easy, family and dog friendly. We hiked a little way up the AT from the trailhead toward Springer to get a little more exercise. When we left we went on the forest service road toward Blue Ridge. It was easier and only 5 miles. Don't attempt this road from either end if you have a sporty, low slung sedan.

We went with the kids (4y & 7y). Had a great time. Beautiful hike and falls.

Great short hike with kids. Plugged directions into Waze and took us right to trail head.

One of my favorite short hikes

Excellent easy hike with a great payoff of a beautiful waterfall. You can climb up the right side and go up the creek a little ways , we had lunch on a tree that had fallen over the river.
A good extension of the hike is to continue up the AT for about a mile to the graveyard/shelter/latrine. They had a Fun homemade 2 person merry-go-round the kids had a great time on. Total trip was 6 miles

Awesome time with the kids for Mother's Day. Beautiful falls. Easy trail.

Not too difficult and fun to hike. Good for beginners but long drive to get to the trail to the waterfall.

Easy, fun with great waterfall!

LOVED this hike! beautiful views, not too rough of a terrain - great for families & pets. Gorgeous falls & great hiking! The trails can be a bit confusing because there is an intersection of trails so choose carefully to find the falls :)

Very nice hike. Good views of creek on the drive in. The trail crossed the road, stopped and parked there. The falls were about a mile from the road. Enjoyed the hike very much. Lots of camping spots along the trail. Met 5 other people on the trail. Easy hike for Families.

Short and easy hike to the falls. After the previous week's heavy rain, I was hoping the falls would be in full force, but they were at about half width. Still very beautiful and my boys had fun in the cold water. It was a pretty busy weekend - lots of campers and leisure hikers.

We pitched our hammocks at about the halfway point between the falls and FS58 and stayed the night and a large campsite near the creek. Campsites are pretty bare from use and I was upset at the garbage I saw. Not a lot, but more than I've seen at a lot of other trailheads. I guess this is what happens at heavily-trafficked recreational trails. I took away what I could.

Everything was too wet for a fire, so that was a little disappointing for the boys, but they had a great time here. My oldest son thought it was very impressive to see the signs at the fork of the BMT and AT. We hiked up the AT a short distance out of curiosity alone. We plan on doing more of it in the near future. We're hoping to come back to FS58 and go from Three Forks to Springer Mountain on an overnight trip.

I went in through FS28 to FS77 over Springer Mountain to get there from Atlanta area. I came back out through 60S towards Gainesville and will come back that way. Much easier on your vehicle unless it's made for rough roads and didn't take nearly as long to get there. It was a nice drive though. Plus, you pass many other nice trail areas going that route (Woody and Cooper's Gap, Toccoa River area, Swinging Bridge, Dockery Lake, and more).