Line Creek Nature Area

Line Creek Nature Area is a 1.8 mile loop trail located near Peachtree City, GA that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful. Great place for a date.

great trail, close to civilization.

geocaching

Great nature area. Nice cold stream for the kids to wade in.

geocaching

Nice. Good to go with family.

This is a great trail for families. There aren't many slopes to traverse, the path is easy to follow, and the views are quite nice to be located within a growing area. My wife and I used to hike this trail before the creek transitioned into what is now Lake McIntosh. Back then, there were a couple of rocks out in the creek that diverted some waterfalls making a nice place to lay and relax. Although these areas are now under water, there are still some good sites to take in as well as a rope swing off a tree out into the creek. The ladder on the tree is a little tricky, but is still well worth it.

great trail...BUT beware, my son and I were there this evening around 745 and spotted a huge alligator on mule trail.. I confirmed with PTC police there have been recent spottings in the Peachtree City area... be safe everyone

Great place to swim on the rocks, bird watching, hiking, and getting out for a picnic. The trail can be a little rugged but safe for families.

Line Creek is a great park. Beautiful and peaceful scenery. When the day is hectic, I escape to this park to reconnect with nature. This is our go to park when we want to stay close to home.

Line Creek is a great trail to run if you need low miles and want to just escape the asphalt jungle. I've often ran here (dodging the prevalent dog hiker, whom most are friendly), to get 3-5 miles. Sometimes LC is all I need to shake off the work day and get the feel of the trail; just enough to make it to the weekend for a longer run elsewhere.

Trails are moderate and easy to navigate. Loop twice for upwards of 6 miles. Some ascents will keep your heart rate up. At the trailhead look past the portapotty and to the left, there is a golf cart path accessible there. Bring both trail and road shoes and the mileage is whatever you want it to be. Nice little spot.

Great trail hidden right in PTC. I love taking my granddaughter over and hiking with her. Love to watch the kids playing in the shoals. Very easy to navigate.

Fun moderate trail to hike. A little hot for us while hiking (95 degrees) and we were with our small children, a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and our 10 month old. Stick to the Bridge Trail if you need an easier walk and take the Creek Trail for the more moderate walk. Looking forward to going back. This trail has come a long way since 1998 when I last visited. Can't wait to map more of the trail using this cool app!