Len Foote Hike Inn Trail

Len Foote Hike Inn Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ellijay, GA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My wife and I did this trail today and it was fantastic. Stop at the Inn to have your packed in lunch then head out to the approach trail and back to the lodge.

My family and I day-hiked this trail today. It is one of the more strenuous trails in the area, but we enjoyed the challenge. There are not many views along the trail other than the small section of clearing at the Hike Inn. The inn did provide a nice place to rest and enjoy our lunch.

Great day hike

I live in Florida so I flew to Atlanta, rented a car and drove about an hour north of Atlanta to Dawsonville, Ga. just for this hike. The trailhead is located in the Amicaclola Falls state park. It is a meandering hike through woods to the Hike Inn. Lots of people day hike to the Inn, grab a snack and hike back. If you have the opportunity, book a stay at the Hike Inn. Great people, sunrise and awesome food. If you have a 2 night stay planned, wake up early the 1st morning and hike to Springer Mountain, the southern terminus of the AT. It is about an 8 mile round trip journey back to the Inn so you will be primed for another great dinner at the Inn.

Great hike! Bring plenty of water

What a fun hike and a great overnight experience at The Hike Inn! The hike was a little more challenging than I would have guessed it to be, fairly steep hike to The Inn. Lots of fun to do with a group, I will definitely undertake the full experience again!

I loved this hike, and I like the Hike Inn. I wish they had a few rooms that were dog friendly; I hike with my dog ALWAYS.

We just did this for the 2nd time & enjoyed it even more the 2nd time around (since we avoided the rain this year). For those w/kids, I have a 10 yr old Son & 13 yr old Daughter, we let my Son pace us both ways & made it in a little less than 2 hours both ways. Going up is a little more difficult. That being said, we hike a lot & we carried little. They both had camelbacks & I had a lightweight REI daytrip pack. Well worth the time, trip & cost.

Great trail just walked to the inn sat down turned around hiked back About 3hrs

Great

Incredibla!

I did not find a trailhead using these directions. Is there a trailhead other than at Amicalola?