Keown Falls Trail

Keown Falls Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near La Fayette, GA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from LaFayette: Take GA 136 east 13.5 miles. Turn right (south), past Villanow, on a country road (Pocket Road) and drive about 5 miles.

love this trail. would not rate it as easy. there are some more strenuous areas. parking, picnic area and restrooms are available.

Very hard to walk on, I would not rate this easy. Hilly and rocky.

We hiked it yesterday with our 6 and 4 year old girls, and our two dogs. Though the trail and falls were completely dry thanks to our drought, we had a blast looking at the beautiful trees. The view from the top made it worth it for our girls and we will definitely hike again in the Spring after a few good rains. After we worked up a sweat, we went and cooled off in the springs at the Pocket!

Love it

easy trail. beautiful views.

Not enough rain for a waterfall but was still a nice hike with a beautiful view from the top. Pretty easy hike for little(6&9 yrs old) kids.

It recently rained, but not enough to get anything coming over the falls. It was a nice little hike. Well maintained and easy.

Overall I would give this hike about 4 stars, The only reason i gave it 3 is because there was no falls for our hike. Apparently the flow on this waterfall depends on how much water we have received recently and because it has not rained in a couple weeks it was little more then a drip. As for the hike itself, i loved it. Mostly old growth forest, big tall oaks and pines. new sassafras saplings littered the forest floor. The trail was rocky at parts but not by any means difficult.

Fun little trail with all sorts of surprises and beautiful views. Just right for a group trip with myself (30) and two coworkers (70-75). North half of trail loop was well marked and maintained. South half was more rugged/natural so be wary for those with mobility issues. FS Rd 702 is well maintained gravel which was a worry since it had been raining all week but we arrived at the picnic area/trail head with no issues.

nice trail well maintained, beautiful scenery, me and my wife hiked this trail out and back little over two miles I loved it she not so much but it was fun good work out.

one of my favorites and it was easy enough that i could take my 11 year old daughter and my 6 year old son. the falls are not real big but it is nice that you can get in the falls and play around

I hiked from the recreation area up to the falls Sunday. it was a good hike. The stone steps were pretty, but somewhat steep for my bad knees. the waterfalls were beautiful.

This place is beautiful and the trail is easy enough that you could even take the little ones. I suggest going right after a big rain so the falls is running good and you can use the mud to put your hand prints on the rocks.

Fun place to hike. My wife and I really enjoyed going.

Awesome hike. Went after it rained a good bit and there were actually 3 different waterfalls.