Ivy Creek Greenway

Ivy Creek Greenway is a 1.4 mile out and back trail located near Buford, GA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible year-round.

Very easy walk... We trekked to the Wildlife Overlook Trail (unpaved 0.8 mile extension) and came back... Just over 2 miles for us. We saw several people on bikes and walking... But we also had a good bit of privacy so it was nice.

The directions take you to the Water Treatment Center, so you CANNOT enter there (the signs are not to be ignored). Instead go down Buford Hwy and the entrance is literally JUST past the I-85 South exit... As in you kind of have to turn into the traffic coming off the interstate to get to the very tiny unmarked parking lot. There were other cars there too, but it seemed like there should be a better entrance somewhere!

Overall it's a nice little slice of secluded woods in a very developed area. If you're looking for an easy walk close by and if you can find your way there, I'd definitely recommend!

Excelente para caminar

Good. The entrance that it takes you to on through the app is a restricted place... So I found another entrance but the trail was amazing. Got some amazing photographs which was my main purpose of going!

Why are there huge signs stating it's a restricted area and anyone caught trespassing will be sentenced to a court hearing. I don't recall what it said exactly but that is the gist of it. Huge yellow signs on each side of the road...super weird.

A simply delightful trail, though it's not really a trail; it's more of a paved walkway through the woods. Delightful though because it is sparsely used, at least when we were there on a warm Sunday afternoon

The Ivy Creek Greenway has lots to offer. A paved path begins at the Environmental Heritage Center which after @1mile passes along the Woodward Mill Historical site. If you continue @1/2 mile the pavement will lead to a soft sandy path into a forest which surrounds a creek. This trek is basically flat an is tree covered. The entire greenway currently leads too Hwy 324 with plans to continue expansion on up to Bogan Park. It is a family friendly path with tons of birds chirping, lizzards and squirrels playing and offers a few spot to sit and soak your feet in the creek. A lovely long-time favorite of southern creek goers.

I entered the Ivy Creek Green way using the Greenway Spur trail (aka the Greenway Connection) from the Gwinnett Environmental Heritage Center (GEHC). The Greenway Spur is just a short (0.5 mile) connector trail from the parking lot to the Ivy Creek Greenway. There is a water fountain and public restroom on the connector. When you link up to the Ivy Creek Greenway, there is some signage. This decision point can be confusing as several routes converge at this point. There is a boardwalk which heads east out toward the I-85 and Hwy 20 interchange, i.e. Georgia Mall area. (This boardwalk is the trail to take if you want to see the Woodward Mill ruins.) Going south, there is a short loop around a pavilion, and then there's the western route to the Ivy Creek Greenway suspension bridge. I mistakenly took the route to the pavilion and had to double back. It was well worth my efforts though to regroup and continue on to the Ivy Creek bridge. This part of the greenway includes two boardwalks, an overlook, and a 270-foot long cable-stayed bridge. The trail is dog friendly. However, my dog was a little cautious on walking the bridge as it has a grated surface. I don't know if it was that his claws were catching in the slots or that Jasper could see the rapids below. Just be patient with your pooch. The bridge was the turn around point for us. On the other side of the bridge is an unpaved Wildlife Observation Trail, and future plans are that it will eventually connect with the Suwanee Greenway Trail.

We love to hike and found this trail just around the corner from our house. Most of it is paved, but the northern stretch is unpaved. A great place to ride your bikes. The parking and trail entrances seems hard to find though. The best entrance is to park at the Handcock fabrics store on 20 and the entrance to the trail is off of 20 right next to the parking lot. Once you get to the trail, you can turn right to see the falls or left to go hit the unpaved section. Great city hike!

Great little hiking trail! Very clean and quiet. Brought my dog and she had a blast.

Love going up there on a Saturday. perfect for riding or walking. look for the old mill wheel. pretty cool to explore.

The boardwalk is the best part! Really cool at nught. It was under construction bc of a storm last time I was there though. I hope it gets fixed soon!