Homestead Trail

Homestead Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cartersville, GA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Parking is $5 at the Red Top Mountain State Park visitor's center. You can also purchase an annual pass to park at all GA State Parks.

Great trail. Plenty of ups and downs.

Great trail. Hilly. Leased dogs allowed. Couple of points where you can get off the trail at the shore the the lake. Benches along the way too. Trailhead starts at RTM visitor center (camp store) where there are restrooms and a water fountain.

Great hike in October. Views of the lake, ferns and pine needles covering the ground floor. Beautiful. I would be thrilled to hike Homestead Trail again. At a good pace with a couple of stops to take in the views, we completed the trail in 2 hours.

Walk this trail after I had complete a 6.6 mile trail the day before. It was Labor Day weekend and we walk it on Sunday before the holiday. We walk 5.8 miles from start to finish. We will do it again. I thought it was easy on my knees. Well laid out.

A bit busier than I would like. Nice views.

Beautiful but very busy

Loved the trail. Carried my puppy half of the time but I surely recommend anyone wanting to know the awesome wild side of cartersville! Nice views of the lake as well!

Went there with my girlfriend on Sunday. Great hike even if it was raining. Nice and easy 5 and a half miles. I'd go again

More hills and a bit longer than Iron Hill Trail but still great.

This was a good starter hike.

Populated and follows road before loop. Nice trail well maintained with benches . No litter. Not an escape but good for walking with family or for beginner.

very nice wooded trail, with lots of wildlife viewing and lake views.

Super fun trail!