Brantley and Beaverpond Nature Trails

Brantley and Beaverpond Nature Trails is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Social Circle, GA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy trail to walk. Even the trail marked "hard trail" is easy. No rain, so the creeks were dry. overall a nice walk through the woods. Saw several deer.. an armadillo.. a very large turtle in the pond. It was peaceful and enjoyable.

Trails ok, good for beginners.

I ran along the bike trails (going opposite way) and did over 8 miles. There was a lot of trail left too! The creek is pretty but other than that it was just a run in the woods. I liked it.

Took my son and dog out here as it's pretty close by where we live. Never have done the trails. We did the yellow and red, not the horse trails. It's Memorial Day weekend and the trails were isolated and no one was there except us!! We loved it! It was more of a workout than I figured it would be. Some nice up and downs the whole time. We went off trails and explored and climbed and crawled. Had a great time! Saw deer and lots of frogs! Only bad thing is the ticks were out of control!!! My dog usually never has trouble with ticks and the stuff I use for them, but good god! Even my son picked tons of them off himself! Anyway, will definitely go back here regularly for a good, quick workout through the forest!

They now have miles of mountain biking trails that are great for hiking too! Beautiful scenery. Park employees were very friendly and helpful!

The footpath trails were "meh". However, the trailhead for the Interpretative trail actually had pamphlets for the trail. Learned a lot from that.

The Beaver Pond Trail is worth it solely to see the huge beaver lodge. The beavers are no longer present, but there are numerous large snapping turtles.

I wouldn't seek out this location for a hike, but if you're in the area, it's worth a twirl.

The 8 mile horse trail hike is moderate to hard in difficulty and is absolutely beautiful! You pass a pond, lake, streams, river, see unusual plantlife, wildlife, and even pass a huge horsefarm--not part of the state park. There is a little history on the trail too which you will just have to hike it to see. Great trail!!