Gold Branch Trail

Gold Branch Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marietta, GA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Walking system of walking trails either along or near the Chattahoochee River.

Had a great hike today with my dog. The entire trail is about 3.5 miles around but there are numerous alternate routes. Some of the Trail is flat and wide but the majority is narrow, rocky, and winding. About 2/3 follows the water.

The Trail description says it is moderately trafficked but on my hike I was completely alone.

Multiple trail routes, some section are very nice.

Great trail with multiple route options. Have to pay to use but well maintained. Can be crowded on weekends.

Always love to scramble a bit on a hike - I find the technical concentration is a great way to exercise my brain along with my body. Not sure I'd call this a true "scramble", but you're definitely climbing over rocks and have to pay attention to your footwork. A fun trail that adds a little bit of a challenge without upping the difficulty too much.

my weekly walk. . Very nice loop on the river.

I love this trail! Easy and beautiful. Nice River and lake views and lots of birds. Very serene.

Great Trail!

Technical trail. Wear proper shoes and make sure to bring water (of course). Lots of ups and downs and walking along the river was really great. When I went there, it was very humid day so I sweat 10 ldb out and needed lots of water. Beautiful canopy and you will walk on roots a lot.

Fantastic hike. good views, good difficulty. only slight is there are a few small sections dangerously narrow for how high they are. found between markers 7 and 8.

Nice trail along the river. Lots of Beaver activity.

Very close to my Atlanta home. In summer this hike can be "buggy". Bring your repellant. The back stretch is on the river. Some moderate accents provide challenges. I recommend a light hiking boot. Good canopy for shade. Well attended year round. Closed at night. I train on it for back packing or just walking the dog.

Best kept secret in East Cobb. Scenic, slightly technical (in places) trail that makes you forget you're in "the big city". A lot of single track so if you're dog isn't friendly, this isn't the place for your dog.

Great in-town trail with nice views of the water when the leaves are down. You can turn this into 3.5 miles by staying on the outside trail.

Beautiful river scenes; a short passage need your hands.