George W Disney Trail

George W Disney Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dalton, GA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

Starts out nice and easy.. But quickly changes to almost straight up.. There is an overlook with a bench about 1/2 way up.. Once at the top there is an old civil war general grave site.. Good quick hike.. Difficult to strenuous depending on ability..trailhead is located behind the gsp In rocky face

love this trail

Loved it. It was definitely hard but the views were worth it!!

This trail is in my top 10 list! Hard, short, and a good workout if you want to bust it up to the top. We do it like 2-3 times a week on our work lunch break. To the top and back, about 45 min. But of course add sit down time and enjoy the views. For some reason people like to drop their water bottles, so some weeks we take a garbage bag and do clean up. Note: due to very little rain in the area (Oct 2016 now) for the past few months, it is a bit slick and powdery. People do break ankles on this trail. So step carefully. I call this one "difficult" for that reason. But we LOVE IT! And my dog does well, just have to help her up the rocks a few times. Not for beginners at all or those not sure footed.

There is also a little loop trail to the left. It comes back into the main trail. That one is good for trail running and jumping over logs or adding distance to your trek.

Hope this helps!!

Love this trail.

absolutely gorgeous! awesome hike.

The trail could use a little bit of TLC. There are a lot of loose rocks and fallen trees. This trail is definitely not kid-friendly. I would recommend it to experienced hikers.

I've been doing this one regularly for several years. Great quick hike. it takes me about 45 min total with me currently being out of shape. When I was in good shape it took less than 30 min to start and finish at most.

The trail is very steep most of the way but there is a bench half way to sit and the view from the top is one of the best in the area.
The trail is rated as difficult but almost anybody can finish it and once you reach the top It is worth it. I would recommend this trail to ANYONE regardless of experience level.

If you take your time this is a good trail to work yourself into longer hikes. It can get busy at times and is a very safe trail to do.

Amazing !!!!! Awesome view!!!!!! I recommend to go over there , you gonna enjoy :)

I like this one. It's a great leg work out and it's not too long. Awesome views at the top, well worth the climb.

rock climbing

Difficult

hard but fun if you got someone to push you through it.

this is a steep vertical short trail but by the end you will feel the burn. wouldn't take kids.

Great trail. The first half a mile can be difficult but it's worth the views.

Pretty views

Was a great hike and chill at the top!

This trail is near and dear to my heart as I participated in 2 Eagle Scout Projects that built most of the switchbacks (It used to just go straight up!). During that time we usually didn't see anyone else on the trail for a whole weekend. I have been back a few times in recent years and I am happy to see lots of cars in the lot and usually see lots of people on the trail. It's not a long one for sure, but even with the switchbacks it's a pretty demanding climb and now connect with another trail that can give you a much longer hike if you desire. On a clear day you can get a gret view up to Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga and I-75 as it bends through the Rocky Face gap.

A bit too short for me, but amazing views and good workout.