Gahuti Backcountry Trail

Gahuti Backcountry Trail is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chatsworth, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

8.4 miles 2011 feet Loop

Wonderfully peaceful trail located in Fort Mountain State Park just west of the Cohutta Wilderness. This trail travels around the crest of Fort Mountain and has access at numerous places in the park. There is a 855 foot rock wall which stands on the highest point of the mountain. There is also a remains of tower too.

Overall a well-marked loop trail. Rigorous at times, great scenery, low foot traffic. Pack accordingly for snacks and hydration. Roots and rocks at times can be tricky. Worth a day!

We split the full loop over 2 days. We stayed at campsite 4. Water was plentiful and the burn ban has been lifted. The terrain varies enough to keep it interesting and it does get difficult at times..

Beautiful fall hike! The colors were amazing. Due to drought the areas with water were almost dry. I would love to come back when there's some water in the creeks! It is very long though and has some intense stretches. Not for beginners if you're doing the full loop.

Beautiful views and loved the different terrains

Drought ha definitely affected the trail. Hiked it two days ago and all water crossings were dry. We (my dog and me) didn't encounter another person. I'll be back in the spring.

We did this one back in June 2016...a long trail if you do the whole thing. The Bears were active though we didn't see them we did smell them! It was a great hike, I might do it again.