Fort Yargo Lake Loop Trail

Fort Yargo Lake Loop Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winder, GA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

scenic driving

excellent family trail.

I love this park and the loop trail is a nice easy hike

Super fun for mountain biking! We're newbies and did the beginner trail. It was 7.5 miles of great training. There were some tricky parts (did I mention we're new?) and it was a blast. Just when we were ready to be done we reached the end. We'll definitely go back!

Hiking, camping, geocaching, biking, and kayaking. Ft Yargo is the place to hang out. I enjoy mixing up my activities at Ft Yargo each visit. The trails are enjoyable any time of the year. I sometimes bring the kayak up to Yargo and just paddle to one side and take the trail around and paddle a bit more. Always see new life and things on each visit. It's a retreat only moment a from home

Close to my home so it gets a boost in the ratings. Lots of stuff to do at this park so you could hike in the morning and fish or kayak in the afternoon.

Awesome trail, did the outer loop, loved the horse shoe and monster mile need I say anymore. Thumbs up and will be back.

excellent trail with its faur share of challenges.

The trails are very long and very fun. It pushed me to use my entire body to conquer this awesome park.

Great! The trail was clean, scenery was good, and it was a good time.

Good

Pretty standard loop-round-the-lake trail. Plenty of pretty stretches which are unfortunately broken up by several trips through the various state park campgrounds. Portions of the trail in these areas are often poorly marked. On the whole, it was fine.

Easy and nice trail

canoeing

I love Ft Yargo for all the activities available. I kayak, hike, and occasionally camp there. Often a little overcrowded so I tend to not go during busy seasons

My pooch loves this trail as much as I do, but wood ticks are quite a regular occurrence, so be mindful to check your dog afterward. This is a easy trail with nice views, the trail is used by bikers also. It makes for a lovely run or long walk. I've used this trail year round.

beautiful and well kept, park ranger were very nice during our visit. some really nice drops.

Trail system is easy, the camping is alright for an overnight stay. It can get loud when it's full and the swimming area isn't very clean, fishing is full of carp...not much for the great outdoor, but fine for someone wanting to get out of the city for a day.