Fort Yargo State Park Campground Trail

Fort Yargo State Park Campground Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winder, GA and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

scenic driving

Super fun for mountain biking! We're newbies and did the beginner trail. It was 7.5 miles of great training. There were some tricky parts (did I mention we're new?) and it was a blast. Just when we were ready to be done we reached the end. We'll definitely go back!

Hiking, camping, geocaching, biking, and kayaking. Ft Yargo is the place to hang out. I enjoy mixing up my activities at Ft Yargo each visit. The trails are enjoyable any time of the year. I sometimes bring the kayak up to Yargo and just paddle to one side and take the trail around and paddle a bit more. Always see new life and things on each visit. It's a retreat only moment a from home

Awesome trail, did the outer loop, loved the horse shoe and monster mile need I say anymore. Thumbs up and will be back.

excellent trail with its faur share of challenges.

The trails are very long and very fun. It pushed me to use my entire body to conquer this awesome park.

Great! The trail was clean, scenery was good, and it was a good time.

Good

Pretty standard loop-round-the-lake trail. Plenty of pretty stretches which are unfortunately broken up by several trips through the various state park campgrounds. Portions of the trail in these areas are often poorly marked. On the whole, it was fine.

Easy and nice trail

canoeing

I love Ft Yargo for all the activities available. I kayak, hike, and occasionally camp there. Often a little overcrowded so I tend to not go during busy seasons

beautiful and well kept, park ranger were very nice during our visit. some really nice drops.

Trail system is easy, the camping is alright for an overnight stay. It can get loud when it's full and the swimming area isn't very clean, fishing is full of carp...not much for the great outdoor, but fine for someone wanting to get out of the city for a day.

Great mostly flat trial running.

did the 7 mile inner loop (yellow). started at the nature center and the loop was single track with gentle rollers. well maintained trail and for the most part protected from the wind coming off the lake. great find and definitely a 4-5 star run!

Ran this trail last weekend and enjoyed it aside from the fact of a triathlon that was not advertised. My 12 mile run was cut to 7 miles due to the course being used for the race. The trail is well marked with plenty of technical twist and turns. Very shaded so good trail for those hot days. And if it's still too hot, jump in the lake! Call ahead to find out race schedules as many events are held here.

Trail running can get easy 20 running outer loop (12.5 watch for mbikers) and inner loop (7). The outer loop is built for MTB bikers at times felt running in circles due to lopping course. Great park with lake, beach front, trails and camp sites with yurt sites on lake and back deck overhanging the lake. Way to be in woods but no mountains.