Stone Tower Trail to Stone Wall Trail Loop

Stone Tower Trail to Stone Wall Trail Loop is a 1.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Chatsworth, GA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Excellant Views!

Beautiful view and a worth while hike. Shaded, not too hot when sunny.

Absolutely love this little trail. When you reach the top, there is an excellent view.

Wonderful

Better then red top mountain

The views!!! And nice campground with a few easy trails.

Only walked to the outlook and back. Stunning view

This is the CCC Tower trail. Steep and narrow at parts

Great views, dog friendly, and nice length. We did the Big Rock Trail, Overlook Trail, and Lake Trail.

This is one of my close by goto spots to get out for a bit. Hike then swim or swim then hike the choice is yours.

Great views and short mileage can lead to a fun hike! This is my favorite place to go during the migratory bird season!

I agree the trail could be marked a little better but overall beautiful experience highly recommend

I can't believe this Beautiful park is right in my own backyard encourage all to go many things to do and see !!!

The views were beautiful. My issues were that the trails weren't marked well. You started at one end, but had to hike up another. Also, be prepared to pay $5 for parking. I didn't know that you had to pay, so I wasn't prepared. This app says its kid friendly, but I wouldn't take my child on this hike. It's way too steep.

I really love scenic hikes and this was not one of them. It's a good long trail, but my friend and I got bored and when we hit the crossing at the road, we decided to short cut by walking the road a little ways. Well, we messed up and ended up going backwards the way we came. By the time we realized it, the sun was dropping and we were running through the woods trying to get to the road. We got there alright. At the bottom of the mountain and we were parked at the top. Someone who worked for the park offered us a ride up bc they knew we wouldn't make it before dark. I'm giving the extra star for that. Good people work there. But seriously. I am not doing this trail again.

Wonderful family hiking trails. I grew up in Dalton so I've been to Fort Mountain to hike many, many times. We last went on my birthday in January. Our party consisted of me, my wife, our 12 and 7 year old daughters, and our 3 year old son and our German Shepherd. I was so excited to see them restoring the old 1930's CCC fire tower there. We can't wait to go back and see the finished product. It's going to be amazing to see the views from the platform I hope. I know that the views from the overlooks on the trails are gorgeous. I do suggest that if you have children younger than 3 that you either use a baby backpack to carry them or stick with the more level lake trail. There are a lot of trip hazards that toddlers could get hurt on. It was a challenge for our 3 year old and he got tired easily. Other than that great place to hike, swim, fish, canoe, and camp. The bike trails are great too.

Great trail minus the stairs! Very pretty. Saw a couple of snakes both times. Would go back. Amazing views.

I took my son (7), niece (7), nephews(9), and two small dogs to the Fort Loop to view the overlook, old rock wall, and tower. It was gentle enough for the children and dogs, but with enough going on to also be a lot of fun for the adults.Bit of advice -- even in mild weather, take a jacket; part of the trail is very windy and can be downright cold, even in summer.,