Edmonds Trail East Fork

Edmonds Trail East Fork is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Rabun Gap, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very beautiful hike, lots of diversity in herbaceous understory including ferns, wildflowers, and mosses. Friends and I hiked this trail early fall; however, given the hike along the ridge line I can imagine this hike offers even more views in winter during leaf-off. The overlook is located off a spur trail near signs for campsites. The valley of the overlook is primary agriculture but still offers great views of the surrounding mountains. At the first fork my group kept left and after we departed the overlook but before we got to the waterfall we experienced a gully that was supposed to be a trail but due to the lack of switchbacks and steep topography was highly eroded. Hikers with small children or knee issues should use caution.

very beautiful! great views for the selfies or just great views in general....did a short trail that they had near the tent site. only.25, but it is down hill all the way and stairs too...so if u going down hill going in then u know what that means....straight up coming out. great leg work out! waterfall at the end wasn't nothing to brag about.

Great views

The Edmonds backcountry trail can be strenuous! Great elevation and beautiful fern filled forests. Stunning view from the main overlook!!!!

We hiked or tried to hike several if the trails at Black Rock and were not impressed. We began on the Tennessee Rock loop. The trail is so grown over that often we could not see where we were walking. There was lots of poison oak that was unavoidable due to how close the undergrowth was on the path. The final straw was the fact that I stepped on a snake. Luckily we both just wanted to get away from each other as quickly as possible. If it weren't for the overgrown trail it would have been most enjoyable and the the view from the overlook is stunning!
The Springhouse trail appeared to be the same so we turned back after the first few feet.
The Waterfall trail was a bit slippery from recent rains but otherwise o.k. Only a quarter mile but downhill all the way in. The hike out will get your heart pumping!

Hiked several trails at Black Rock Mountain State Park this weekend.
The Ada-hi Falls Trail is "only" a .25 mile loop. But, the grade average is 25%, with a max of 58%. My rock climbing skills came in handy on several locations. Recent rains made the dirt trail slippery. The variety of ferns, rhododendron, and lichen were rewarding.
The Visitor Center Connector Trail and Springhouse Trail lead to the Trading Post and Mellinger Center. The open air theatre would be great for outdoor performances.
The Black Rock Lake Trail was so peaceful that we hiked it two days and saw different things each day. The beginners in our group liked the level pathways that are wide enough for hiking and conversation. There is a bridge over a nice creek. Shade, mountain and lake views. Very calm. Boy Scouts were fishing from the deck on Saturday.

I hiked the James Edmunds trail and let me tell you, it's the worst I have done in forever. Way overgrown and easy to get lost with terrible markings on the trees. The trail is marked with faded orange spray paint that is hard to follow at points. I would say just drive to the top and save the time.

One of my favorite hikes. Not the most scenic but you will pop a good sweat. I am so thankful for the great resources in my home state. I went from 250lbs to 180lbs thru hiking and eating healthier. Take food and water always