East Palisades Trail

East Palisades Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Atlanta, Georgia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are two parking lots for the trails; one near the top of the trails and another near the bottom. Indian Trail parking lot Closest street address is 1400 Indian Trail NW, Atlanta, GA 30339 Whitewater Creek parking lot Closest street address is 4001 Whitewater Creek Rd NW Atlanta, GA 30327

10 minutes ago

Didn't get to stay long but

love this trial but by far my biggest complaint is people with dogs off the leashes. I have 2 dogs of my own a 90 pound pit and 150 pound mastiff (pit isn't always Dog friendly, well he is when he is left alone and not bothered and mastiff just likes everyone and everything). Now I don't mind people having dogs off the leash because I'll let my mastiff off the leash but he stays right by my side and when I see people he goes right on the leash. The people that let their dogs run out of their sight drive me absolutely crazy. Yes your dog may be friendly and all but that doesn't mean other dogs are and some people are deathly afraid of dogs. My pit and even my mastiff have gotten into numerous fights with other dogs off the leash and the owners are no where in sight. Word of advice: Dogs on leashes already have a disadvantage to a dog off the leash, therefore they are on edge and can be aggressive. Had to tell a girl to "eff off" (yes I know that isn't nice) but her German Shepard was off the leash and of course she was no where in sight. well her German Shepard was growling and lunged at my dogs which in return made my dogs lunge back and a dog fight broke out. well unfortunately she wanted my information because her dog got bit pretty hard on the ear. That is where I let her have it since both my dogs were on leashes and hers was not. She ended up apologizing and agreed. I hate to discipline my dogs for something that wasn't their fault and for protecting themselves. It is common curiosity to not let your dog's roam, walk up to people or walk up to other dogs. it's an uncomfortable and scary feeling. Besides that little rant, it is beautiful.

I have hiked at his trail for many years and the trail has been upgraded to encourage more folks. Its a beautiful trail but i gave it 2 Stars because of the new danger.
Pet owners are leaving their PITBULLS off leash and there are a lot of kids and small dogs. This is a recipe for tragic disaster. I hope there is more enforcement regarding this threat.

fyi it's longer than 2.5 miles. wear comfortable shoes. overall amazing hike!

My favorite trail inside the 285 loop