East Palisades Trail

East Palisades Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Atlanta, GA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are two parking lots for the trails; one near the top of the trails and another near the bottom. Indian Trail parking lot Closest street address is 1400 Indian Trail NW, Atlanta, GA 30339 Whitewater Creek parking lot Closest street address is 4001 Whitewater Creek Rd NW Atlanta, GA 30327

This was a great hike. I recommend staying on the trail when you get to the rocky area. This get pretty hairy. Beautiful area.

The Diving Rock trail. Many variations.

Great trail, lots of different routes. Never seems that crowded, even on the weekends. Beautiful hardwood forest in some areas. Two parking lot access points, this map only shows one, but can also come in off of Northside Drive at Indian Trail.

Great hike right in the middle of Atlanta! We started at the overlook deck instead of taking the southwestern loop. Then we followed the river, through the bamboo forest, to a bluff at the end of the trail. There are plenty of signs on the trail, but they don't call attention to landmarks. Make sure you download a map or you know what you want to see before you start your hike!

This is a nice surprise in metro Atlanta, 15 minutes from my work. We did 4 miles total and it was a good mix of flats and inclines. Beautiful views!

Excellent trails along the river! A little crowded but still lovely.

My favorite trail in the Atlanta area! Love the variety along the trail to keep things interesting. The bamboo forest is such a neat surprise and I always love hiking along water.

One of my favorite trails in Atlanta

Very peaceful and serene! We saw a snake slither in front of us on our way back! Nature @ its finest

Skinny path, but great hills and views

Nice trail. Very clean and quiet. Clear cut directions for easy entry and exit. Dogs also enjoy this easy to access trail.

Really enjoyed hiking the trail with my family and dog. The trails were well marked and I'll return to try some of the other paths.

This was a great trail. I would recommend for beginners and people who want a nice hike. Nice views and cool bamboo on the last leg.

This is a great trail. Be warned though that the info about the trail in this app is incorrect. This is not one big loop and it is more than 2.5 miles. We hiked a loop with a couple of the off shoots and clocked in at 4.5 miles. That being said, there is a lot to see and most of the trails are well maintained. There were a bunch of dogs off leash on the trails and surprisingly little to no random poop piles. :)

Awesome time. Really cute and relaxing beach area.