West Lake Trail

West Lake Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gainesville, GA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dogs are not allowed Monday-Friday. Only allowed on weekends.

Great place to take the family and the dog on the weekend.

FYI dogs are no longer allowed

Great Trail! After you reach the 4.5 mark and the "you are here" map, be sure to go left to return to Science Center and parking.

A good, long, moderate trail. The west-east trail is a perfect workout.

Great hiking trail! Very well marked. My wife and I did the orange loop. It ended up being right at about 5 miles.

Lots of up and down, making for a good workout. Very quiet and lightly trafficked the day we went.

A good thing to note is dog are only allowed on Saturday and Sunday. The rest of the week they are not. So I can not rate this place because I came with my dog on Thursday only to discover we couldn't do anything :/

Great trail. Really feel you are away from it all.

Very good. Fairly long trail.

love going here on my days off for a close walk/hike

My 3 year old daughter and I hiked this in about 2 hours. She was getting bored and tired about half way through. We would have taken longer and rested a bit more, but we had to hurry to get home before my son got off the school bus.

Nice close to home running trail with just enough uphill.

Great trail fairly close to home! Well maintained and marked, parts along a wonderful creek, can't wait to go back and try some of the other trails on the Chicopee Nature Preserve!

The most amazing Father's Day present, my wife and three kids join me on Dunlap trail. Unfortunately to my error I continued on North Western Trail which connected us with eastern trail back onto Dunlap trail and turned a 3 mile hike into a 4.8 mile hike.

Love the hike but it was a little much for my wife and seven-year-old.

If you're going on the Dunlap trail, do not deviate from the Dunlap trail and your expectations will be met.

The backside of the trail, intersected with Chicopee Woods, eloche nature Center hike.