Dawson Forest Wildlife Management Area Trails

Dawson Forest Wildlife Management Area Trails is a 6.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dawsonville, GA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

The Dawson Forest Wildlife Management Area has an extensive horse, bike, and hiking trail network consisting of a waterfall along the Etowah river, an abundant of wildlife, and a well marked trail system.

While the area itself is a fantastically thought out and efforted stretch of land, maintenance and cleanliness are a real issue here. On the day of my hike, I saw many, many Bud Light cans on and along the trail. There was also a strong sense of a manufactured experience here.

I have to mention the horses. They're everywhere, but all of the riders I met were very pleasant and friendly. It's the horse shit that you should keep your eyes on. It's also everywhere.

Besides the shit, the gun range on the edge of the area was a pretty constant downer. All. Day.

We did see a crane, a deer, and a pretty gnarly black snake. It was pretty and an all right experience, but I won't be coming back here.

Best 10-12 miles trail for MTB (orange+green). Wide trails , well signaled but shared with horse riders.No horse riders early in the morning

We couldn't find the waterfalls but enjoyed the hike. Only ones on the path