Cochran Mill Trail

Cochran Mill Trail is a 5.7 mile out and back trail located near Palmetto, Georgia and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Quiet park in South Fulton offers waterfalls, rock formations, and plenty of nature. Cochran Mill park is located in Fulton County, near Palmetto, GA. There are several miles of trails, with several side trails or branches. The main trail is the "H" trail. It begins in the large field at the bottom of the hill, and runs along the creek to the end of the park boundary. There are a couple of water crossings and a few steep hillsides. Watch for the signs with the letter "H" and in general follow the creek. Several side trails offer deviations from the main route.

Fun hike. Easy for the kids. Saw 3 deer. looks like a great mountain bike course.

Ensure you pay the Kiosk for parking. I wasn't able to complete all the trails. However, from what I was able to ride today, was very smooth. In most spots the flow was fast. I enjoyed it. I'm definitely coming back for more this weekend.

The green trail by the creek is a beautiful hike. It's about 5 miles if you start at the park and loop all the way around the nature center. There are a lot of older trail markings of different colors painted on the trees and a couple of unmarked splits, so it's easy to get confused. The metal diamonds nailed to the trees are the more current markings.

Waterfalls. Rocks! Great!

My only complaint is the bathroom. I can never unsee what I walked into. The nastiest gas stations have cleaner bathrooms. Other than that, the trails are easy to navigate and falls are nice. although care should be taken, watched a lady bust her ass while taking a photo.

Easy trail for an active lifestyle person. the falls are small but peaceful and pretty. Great for dogs. watch out for horse leave behinds!

Can't wait to do it again !!

We only live a few minutes from this park and it is by far our favorite. We travel all over to hike different state parks but the waterfalls make this one for sure at the top of my list!

This is one of my favorite parks to go to without traveling over an hour to get to a decent but secluded park. I recommend coming on weekdays oppose to weekends due to it being crowded on weekends. There's 2-3 man-made waterfalls from old mills and one natural waterfall that's roughly a 4 mile hike on the opposing end of the main park! Enjoy!

I love coming here it's absolutely beautiful and worth coming to despite being busy.

Beautiful scenery. Quiet. Perfect day.