Chickamauga Creek Trail

Chickamauga Creek Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rocky Face, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Lafayette: Take GA 136 east 9 miles. Turn left onto Ponder Creek Road and go .6 mile. Take the right fork onto Forest Service Road 219 to the end of the road. The trail can also be reached from Forest Service Road 250. To reach forest service road 250, travel GA 136 East from LaFayette for 7 miles to the top of Taylor's Ridge. Turn left (north) onto o FS250. The trail crosses this road at a point approximately 2.6 miles north.

great hike today

Great trail, well worn, marked with blazes and permanent post markers. Hiked today counter clock-wise (which I'd recommend as others have) amongst the beautiful fall foliage in 2 hours. The creeks had water in them but was low with the drier weather. Great cardio workout with the elevation changes on the trail. Didn't pass any hikers or hunters on the trail today.

Great trail with lots of variety.

3 1/2 hours....easy pace... GREAT HIKE!!!!

The hike took us 3 hrs to do an easy pace. We did this hike September 10th. The creek was all dried up because of no rain. We saw a few wildflowers, a hawk, a chipmunk. a turtle, and a few butterfly's, there was a lot of spider webs we walked through, I don't think the trail is hiked a lot. Ok hike, would have been better if there was actually a creek.

Thought is was a great beginner trail to do an overnighter. Was really, really hot when we did it (mid June), because of how still the air was but at night it was great. If you are wanting to make this a two day trip (and are doing the loop counter clockwise) there is a great little campsite on the right hand side of the trail around 4 miles in. Running water with a pool for refills even when it has been dry. If just a day hike, I'd rate this a 3.5 for lack of views during late spring through early fall.

This is a long one. It has some good climbs and can get your heart rate up. The 6.2 miles advertised is lite. The gps on this app showed 7.5 miles.

Nice little loop trail. Would say it's easy/moderate. The road to the parking lot requires a creek crossing. No water available on the first half of the trail if going counter-clockwise (which I suggest) and that section has a fair amount of elevation gain so ensure dogs fill up before. Ran into a few people on the trail, all with dogs. No views but nice scenery otherwise.

Not to much to look at but, I was extremely distracted by all the spiderwebs that seemed to fly into my face the entire time. A good hike to take the dog out on and pleasantly secluded.

We hiked this trail on a saturday. Did not meet any other hikers. Trail was grown up in several places. I ended up with lots of small cuts on my legs and would recommend wearing pants if possible. Nicely shaded pathway. Would recommend counter clockwise path. Long hills! Great workout! Took 4 hrs to complete for novice hiker.

I loved the isolation, only saw one couple the entire time. longer than it's listed as, but beautiful elevation scenery changes.

The trail loop is actually 7.2 miles. It's a really nice trail even though it's kind of hidden away off the main road. Some of the trail marks are not there, especially the last mile. Just follow the beaten path and you'll find your way. We went on a Saturday in July and we didn't see any other hikers. It's a shame because it's a good trail.

The trail is mostly shaded. It's nice loop that can be done in half a day.

Quick fun loop.

Overall the trail was nice with a few spots that were a bit difficult. as we came to the end of the trail, we had to slosh around through the creek that criss crossed across the trail. regretfully, the trail was not clearly marked near the end and we got lost for 3 or 4 hours after the trail was supposed to be over. it got so bad that when it started to get dark we had to call the park services through the 911 directory. I recommend taking some survival gear if you want to attempt this trail. Have fun!

this is a nice trail. its pretty much everything i would look for in an average hike. i would recommend hiking this loop trail counter clockwise which i believe is the intended route. plenty of wildlife present as i saw two turkeys and a variety of birds plus signs of other land bond animals.