Chattahoochee Bend State Park Trail

Chattahoochee Bend State Park Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Newnan, GA. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5.6 miles 492 feet Point to Point

Easy trails, well maintained, with clean bathrooms at the park store. Great for small children. We saw armadillos, and a glimpse of a bald eagle at the SW edge of the park along the river. Several trails along the river were CLOSED, so slight bummer (Nov 2016). Option for camping overnight, but this was just a day trip for us, followed by antiquing in Newnan.

It was a nice trail..we went on behind the office/gift shop. It was a nice long hike but not very challenging. It's close to home so I might do it again just out of convenience. Definitely well maintained.

Really enjoyed this trail.

love the trail. it was well maintained and the staff was more then helpful. the new bike trails are awesome to.

It was great! Not many people ever and very well kept. I enjoy coming here to camp and hike all the time with friends and family.

wonderful trails.very wellmaintained.perfect Geocache adventure

I thought it was a nice hike pretty easy, I stayed in the backcountry camping, which was a pretty ok camping area, access to the river so kayaking to the camp is doable. The hike is pretty easy for the most part, some of the trail is unmarked so pay attention, for 2/3rds of the hike I was the only one on the trail both there and back.
It rained the evening I camped and hiking out found the trails pretty slippery, some of the hills especially.

Pretty easy trail but a very nice walk and great scenery. Some steep moments as your go up and down to cross creeks, so if it is muddy be prepared to slide a bit. New and remote so I did not see another hiker all day.