The State Botanical Garden of Georgia

The State Botanical Garden of Georgia is a 2.8 mile loop trail located near Athens, GA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful gardens. Love their plants.

This trail was great for trail running. There were hardly any rocks or stumps to trip over and there were only slight elevation changes. The trail was pretty much shaded for the most part. It was very scenic with some wooden bridges crossing over small streams. Also, some of the trail follows right along the Middle Oconee River. We went on a chilly Saturday morning, it was about 50 degrees. There were not too many people out so it was the perfect blend of feeling isolated without complete isolation.

Most of the trail is shaded. Went in August and passed only a couple of people along the way.

I have hiked the Georgia State Botanical Gardens often and it offers such wonders. I also done over 50 paintings of my discoveries here.

I used to run these trails all the time when I went to UGA. I like to do the widest loop possible- orange and white trails. Some parts get pretty technical but the whole trail system is beautiful and well maintained. Athens is so lucky to have this!

Love it's beauty!

Awesome and beautiful place to be on a sunny day!!

Dogs are not allowed on garden premises at all anymore, including walking trails.

More of a running trail, nice shady and spots for a picnic.

Love this park and these trails. They are easy to run on, and give you tons of options to shorten the loop if your legs need a shortcut.

I've taken my kids on the 5 mile hike, and they did great.