Big Creek Oxbow Road to Azalea Drive on the Chattahoochee River Trail

Big Creek Oxbow Road to Azalea Drive on the Chattahoochee River Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Roswell, GA that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and whitewater kayaking.

whitewater kayaking

Not good. There are too many trails, it gets very confusing. I had to turn around at least 4 times. It was also pretty populated, which I didn't like. The trail goes by the Roswell Mill, for anyone who knows what that it.

Great trail. Loved the waterfall. There's a little cubby hole by waterfall. The nature of the trails is beautiful. Bring a swimsuit. People go into water. Great for kids to get refreshed. Pet friendly. Highly recommend this trail.

2.90 miles. For me it was moderately strenuous due to the tree roots in the path. My hiking boots definitely were needed. Trails markers are confusing. That said it is a wonderful hike in the wooded hills between Big Creek and Vickery Creek.

These trails around Vickery Creek are literally the only thing I miss about Georgia. We've got some beautiful Audubon trails near where I live in MA now but I think I miss both the challenge and variety of this trail system, with which I became familiar between 2010 and 2012. I felt fortunate to be able to just walk out my front door and be on the trails in 5 minutes when I lived in Roswell. These are challenging trails for a runner but also rewarding, once you're done. Don't try them unless you're pretty fleet-footed and nimble. People re-starting a running program or slow, heavy-footed runners should take care, especially in the fall, when leaves hide the jutting roots. You'll encounter the occasional copperhead on these trails as well, but I could always spot them from pretty far off and suspect most people can, especially native southerners. That said, if I daydream of anything back in Georgia, I daydream about running these trails. Would recommend to anyone who loves nature and wants a hike with some visual variety.

Trails are deserted during the week, which makes it a very enjoyable hike. A lot of alternative routes throughout the trail system. Could use updated trail markers. Not very difficult, definately a moderate trail especially along the Creek