West Rim Loop Trail

West Rim Loop Trail is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Rising Fawn, GA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Waterfalls Trail begins on a paved section of the park at the main overlook. Parking is available in an adjacent lot. The trail progresses into the canyon on a 40-degree slope. Most of the trail consists of gravel and stairsteps, numbering over 1200 in all. Both waterfalls cascade off sheer faces at 60 and 90 feet, and are among the most beautiful in the state. Swimming and climbing on rocks are strictly forbidden, and regulations are enforced.

Very scenic trail. Not very strenuous, you stay on top of the ridge 90% of the time. You can skip the backside of the trail and see most of the big views within 4 miles. The woods themselves are nice though and theres a couple of interesting overlooks on the backside of the trail, so id say its worth it to do the whole thing.

A truly beautiful trail, the fall colors were stunning even though they were only about 20%. The falls were dry not even a trickle coming over the edge. A well marked trail We took our 11lb. dog along and he (us to) had a good workout.
We are not from the area we are traveling the waterway however we rented a car so we could visit some of the tourist "must see's" We were not disappointed and hope to return.

We really enjoyed this trail! Beautiful scenery, just enough distance and interest to be a good workout. Only downside was that we were looking forward to the waterfalls and didn't know there'd been a long drought so they were all dried up-no water anywhere! The trail was very well marked though, and we'd definitely do it again!

perfect day hike. stairs are a great leg workout

Amazing views! Great trail for a dayhike and picnic with the family.

I hiked this trail in late June. I had an amazing experience! Clean and quiet and beautiful. There are plenty of great overlooks and little critters to view! Just watch out for snakes! I came across two on my hike. I was slightly disappointed that there was very little water flowing in the riverbed, but that took absolutely 0 away from the trail. I have hiked some amazing trails all over America and don't pass out 5 stars all willy nilly lol, but this one definitely deserves the rating!

Great trail with beautiful overlooks.

Nice hike w my hubby, kiddo(4 yrs old) n puppy lab (9 weeks) worth the drive from dalton even if the waterfalls were dry.

We did the West Rim Loop Trail. Tthe overlooks were beautiful. The only downside to this trail was that it was a bit crowded with groups of younger kids who were often yelling or singing loudly. We went on a Saturday morning, so I would recommend a less popular day.

Loved it.. a lot to see!

good veiws but the trails aren't marked well in some places. bring plenty of water only found one place to fill up near the yurts. also there are a lot of roots and rocks so watch your step.

Great day hike!

Nice waterfall. Lots of steps. Loved it!
August 2015