Yellow-White Trail Loop

Yellow-White Trail Loop is a 21.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jacksonville, FL that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I have been running these trails since the early 80s. This was before the Preserve days. The pictured trails are no where near 21 miles. You have to be creative to get 7+ miles out of the course. If you run the inner white loop it is 3.5 miles. If you add the outer (far west loop) that adds 2.2 miles for a total of 5.7, which is usually the distance we run when we go out there. Keep in mind that yellow flies are out starting the beginning of May until the end of September. These are the some of the best trails in Jax area (no roots to trip you or cause you to turn an ankle). Motor vehicles are not allowed on the trails. The route is a little sandy, but always a pleasant run.

Like many have stated the view is boring, but overall it wasn't too bad.

It is okay. It actually seemed busier then any other trail I had been on in jax, which I found odd.

The view was boring as the entire time all you see is palms and pine with just one view of the water not on the main trail loop. ( not even a great view, just small section of durbin creek and a private dock.)

On foot or bike the trail are challenging and not in a good way. As there are used for horse and off road vehicles. That leaves soft / muddy spots and dropping you have to watch out for.

It you have a ATV or horse these trails are perfect for you. On Bike It was ok.

My favorite within 15 miles so far! Very well marked trail. Peaceful.

Pretty peaceful. Trail markers are kinda weird but this app helped quite a bit.

Wide open trails, easy and convenient location if you live in the area.

Written by Matthew:
I didn't realize until I was on the trail head that there was an additional 2.2 miles to hike (optional) on the Northwest section of the trail. I ended up hiking the additional loop (marked yellow). There were also blue markings too.

There is a part of the 2.2 mile loop where you can veer to your right and there are no trail markings. I went down there to find a Geocache (www.geocaching.com) and was a 1 mile round trip.

I ended up hiking 7.1 miles total. Nice day outside!!

Nice run. Very confusing though. Not sure which "color" to follow

A nice walk

Walked from the parking area to the river and back with my 4 year old. Very easy "hiking", mostly gravel road up to a couple hundred yards from the river. Insects were not bad yet but we had a few mosquitoes and no ticks. They have two info boards talking about controlled burns and how it helps the wildlife. A little bench to sit on by the river and have a picnic.

This is the Julington-Durbin Preserve. The preserve has a lot of trees and shade, so this is a good trail to explore in the hotter weather. The trails are cleared and well-marked, so you aren't likely to wander off them.

good for mileage, poorly marked though. I got lost & did 7.22 miles, it has other choices you can take...
nothing to see but trees-

6+ in the sun!

Another 6-7 miles in the books. Perfect trail conditions. Blowdowns have been removed.

Did the entire white, red spur and yellow loops this morning. A few blow downs on the yellow trail but nothing big. Great morning in the heat.

Awesome day today, yellowflies are DIMINISHED in NE FL.

This review is just for today and doesn't actually have anything to do with the trail itself. If you are going out in NE FL currently, you MUST have insect repellant. Today is the FIRST time I've ever had to leave a trail. There are MILLIONS, with an M, yellowflies out on the trails. I was literally eaten alive, this morning. I did at least get to test my new hiking shoes and they were awesome!

Another 5+ miles in the books. What a beautiful day!