Violet Curry Nature Preserve Loop

Violet Curry Nature Preserve Loop is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lutz, FL that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Violet Curry Nature Preserve Loop is a 2 mile loop trail located near Lutz, Florida and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

shaded no direct sunlight. quiet. not to many people.

It's a nice shady trail, but like Tim wrote 2 years ago, 10am 2 days ago, creepy guy hanging out at the entrance, eyeing up my mail friend as he waited for me to arrive. Was still there when we left an hour later, and 2 other creepy guys were waiting in 2 other vehicles for us to leave. Creepy guy was on a bike. He's about 6'2", wearing clothes for the mall, not the trail. I assumed it was a bunch of men looking for sex in the park. I don't intend to go back.

Great place, more signs need it !! Beautiful lake...fun for a short hiking

My track on this trail is is incorrect. I think my iPhone gave up on me after a few feet, but we did about 2 1/4 miles. This is a flat, well-maintained trail in very urban area. Traffic noise from nearby I-275 provides a steady, but not terribly loud background,. The lake that is traversed by the trail appears to be mostly shallow with lots of lily pads, many of which were in bloom (May 1, 2015) along with a variety of wild flowers. Much of the trail is well-shaded, but a few short segments are in direct sun. Not much wildlife today. I saw a single squirrel and a few birds. Nice, peaceful stroll in the woods, but if you are looking for a challenging hike, this is not the trail for you.

One of my favorites. Good for kids too.

Decent trail I would almost describe as urban due to its proximity to development on all sides. Quiet on the interior trails. Close proximity is a plus.

This trail is beautiful!! The walk is great and you can easily see the beauty hidden behind the forest. It's filled with love for the ones bringing awareness upon itself. JUST A FAIR WARNING FOR EVERYONE ON THIS TRAIL. BRING A KNIFE OR AT LEAST A CELL PHONE. Today, i had a middle age man late twentys or early thirties following me on his bike. He kept slowly riding his bike and followed me to the other half of the trail. He had a yellow shirt ( a tight athletic water absorbing workout shirt.) he passed me 4 or 5 times? He ended up stopping and starred at me while doing disgusting things. I ran as fast as i could and left. ANYWAYS, PLEASE CAN A EYE OUT FOR THIS GUY.

Totally relaxing! Several different trails to take. The putter trail is about 2miles. Awesome views of the lake. Pet friendly.