Upper Tampa Bay Trail

Upper Tampa Bay Trail is a 17.6 mile out and back trail located near Tampa, FL that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trial is the best :)

A popular walking/jogging/biking trail. I parked at the Channel Park Pavilion lot off W Waters Avenue and headed north. My sunrise walk was a very nice way to start the day during our visit.

I love this trail

I went for the first time with my wife in the evening. It was pretty busy and not everyone respects lane etiquette but overall a very well maintained trail system. The full system (out and back) is just over 14 miles.

This trail is great for biking or running. Pretty long (14 miles). Once in a while the bridge to keep going towards Citrus Park mall is closed. Check before going on a long route.

Meh, too many people walking dogs blocking the path for bikers

Great

Great, solid trail. Very fun and clean.

Nice trail for family walking , though the map was definitely directing to the wrong area

Favorite of our family: great easy bike ride, perfect for bike outings with little ones. Recommend parking in the lot just south of Alonso H.S. on Montague, which is the start of the trail. If this small lot is full, consider parking and starting at Target on Hillsborough Ave/Tampa Rd about 1/4 - 1/2 mile south of this lot. Bridge over Citrus Park Dr provides a great resting point - fun for the kids to watch the passing cars below, and it's the biggest "hill" in the area I've found that adds fun.

I live in Tampa Bay area, and this is the trail to go for all those living in Pinellas and Hillsborough within a 10 mile radius. I like it a lot more than the Suncoast Trail just because I think it's more interestingly laid out, and you're not along a busy interstate the whole time. A lot of cyclists, walkers, and joggers. When I'm on it, I'm jogging.

directions took me to the middle of a neighborhood. no dice

This is an amazing trail! I was a little unprepared for some of the hills and although I have driven by the pedestrain bridge I never reall realized how high and steep it was. There are multiple trailheads, benches, picnic tables, and water coolers along the route. There is also a bike shop where you can rent, sell, or repair bikes. Use caution there is a bridge with a blind curve and it gets VERY narrow, please use caution.

hi

Since its in my backyard, almost literally, I use this path alot. Yes it is paved and sometimes crowded, it's great for just about all types of trailing. Geocaching along the way, biking, hiking, rollerblading, etc. I use it for breaking in new backpacks and boots, as well as just calming runs.

This marked a few firsts for me: my first trail walk, my first 6 mile walk, my first review. I got on at the Old Memorial Trailhead, which is off Montague. From there, it's 1.3 mile to Channel Park (according to posted signs); from Channel Park it's 2.7 miles to Wilskie. I did not make it to Wilskie (this time), but plan to at some point. The trail itself was pleasant; the only snag was that due to work on the trail I had to cross Sheldon Ave rather than go under it. Hopefully that will be fixed soon. Also, I only saw 2 water stops, one at the Old Memorial trailhead and one around the 2.5 mile marker

Good condition trail with a decent amount of shade. Just hope you're not down wind of the landfill. You can't really see it, but if the wind is up you WILL smell it. But that is only a small portion of the overall trail. I prefer the Pinellas Trail, it has a little more variety and it is far longer.
UPDATE: A big section of the trail is closed, they are working on water lines, until Oct. 30th. Trail is closed from just before Gunn Hwy to Ehrlich.

Hiking to me is like off-roading for your feet. The only pavement you should see should be the stuff you drove on to get there. The Upper Tampa Bay Trail was absolutely beautiful even though the trail is paved the whole way. However, that makes it an ideal spot to walk, rollerblade, bike and run. The people out there are so nice that I almost forgot I was Florida and not in Vermont. I went in through the Wilsky Boulevard Trailhead, which was not the directions I was given (I got alittle lost). I found two other trailheads online: Waters Avenue/Channel Park Trailhead and Ehrlich Road at Altaloma Street Trailhead. The facilities are first-class and very clean. The trail is 8 miles long. The blisters on my feet only permitted me to walked about 2.5 miles of the trail and I loved all it.

Simple and beautiful!