Starkey Park Loop Trail

Starkey Park Loop Trail is a 9.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near New Port Richey, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

All I want to do is the actual 10 mile, Starkey Loop that's on all the maps. So far, both times, the trails have been either gone, poorly marked, or not marked at all. Beautiful hike though.

Went two days in a row with my 10yr old son. This is the first we've tried hiking and we're hooked! Thank you Starkey Park. You're now on our belt notch as completed mark trails. We'll definitely come back to explore a little off trail sooner then later.

This is an excellent hike. I live nearby and I hike it all the time with my dog. The map however is no longer accurate. If you are on the northern section, returning from east to west, the dashed line in the middle (currently shows the number 5 in red below the track) is the actual trail. The sharp right turn shown may have been a trail at one time but it is no longer there. I tried to trace it but it petered out within 100 meters. This means that the easternmost section of the trail actually a lollipop, bringing you back to have to walk at least a short section that you have already been on. If you are at the junction that is the western end of dashed line connecting trail (which "should" be a solid red line) there is another junction about 215 meters to the west that is clearly marked as on the "3 Mile Loop". Go north on this and it will take you back to the northern section of the trail. The good news is that, when you come to where the false turn is, the trail is clearly marked. Just follow the orange blazes and the sign that says "Hiking Trail". I hope this hasn't confused anyone.

I live in area, so use this trail a lot. Most hiking I do is out West and my 4 star rating is very relative to the area. This is a really nice paved trail for cyclists, walkers, joggers, rollerbladers, etc. This park goes through the sandy palmetto woods in this part of Florida. I saw probably 20 gophers today and have seen snakes a few times on the trail. It's a great trail for cyclists but okay for hiking, just extremely hot from May to November.

easy open trails. I ran the hiking area so the lose sand it tough if your not used to it