St. George Island Campground Trail

St. George Island Campground Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Eastpoint, FL that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

This trail is not recommended for summer time hiking, which is when I went. The trail is sandy through marshy area. The bugs are abundant during the summer so bring bug spray, sunscreen and plenty of water. I am sure this trail would be pleasurable in the fall and winter months. Plenty of birds to observe on the hike. The trail begins near the picnic pavilions and ends at the campground. If starting at the pavilions, I recommend hiking 2/3 of the trail and then back track. My mother-in-law and children did this while I completed the trail at the campground. You either have to retrace the trail or walk down the side of the road back to the end of the trail you started from. I was fortunate that an elderly couple were sitting outside their RV and he offered me a ride back to the beach and pavilions.