Picnic Island Loop

Picnic Island Loop is a 0.4 mile loop trail located near Tampa, FL and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

0.4 miles Loop

In and out trail that keeps you close to relaxing water views, which is pleasant. View it as a relaxing way to stroll near the water that's easy for any age or ability. Note: you first drive through a very industrial area to access the park.

I loved this spot! There was beach, boardwalk, and paved to choose from. Along the beach was really gorgeous. I'm looking forward to going back and taking my dog. I know she is going to love it!

Great little trail. I saw it as an out and back and not a loop. Low tide is best. I went with my son near sunset and we walked slowly (about 2mph). I have complete information within my blog:

this is a nice little park in port Tampa. The trail is very mellow and easy but very nice views of The bay.

This was a very short hike and not difficult at all. Most of the area was wet and since it was low tide, I would assume that during high tide the area is underwater. The area is beautiful though. It was would a good place to kayak or fish. I saw more kayakers and fishermen than I did hikers.