Malabar Scrub Sanctuary Trail

Malabar Scrub Sanctuary Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malabar, FL and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from October until April. Horses are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Fun trail :)

I love walking it! The horses love it! It's literally my backyard! Can't beat that!

First, there are at least 3 trailheads. I started at the Malabar Park trailhead. We have had a lot of rain in the last 7 days and as such, much of the trail was under water. You will get your feet wet! About half way through the route I chose the water just got too deep so I found a shortcut out and called it quits. I noticed a lot of broken glass and there are the occasional brush cut stumps on the trail, so proceed with caution or you could end up with a flat. Narrow trails, wet, winding, essentially no elevation changes, fun.

Beautiful trail, lots of water. Warning! Google maps drops you into some neighborhood, one of the first tracks recorded by another user showed the red trail, this is a great place to start.

I took my 9 year old son out here for a beginner's hike. It worked out really well with different terrains and very well marked trails. We followed the red markers for approximately 2 miles. Do beware that these are multi use trails, hiking running, and biking.

Malabar Scrub Sanctuary is part of the Brevard EELS program. This is a nice trail which has been improved upon over the past few years. I've taken several groups out on it, hiked it alone and have also run the trail a few times. Have seen many gopher tortoise, scrub jays, osprey, eagle, snakes (black racer) and other wildlife. Be sure to bring water and use your sunscreen as there as several sections of this trail that are exposed to the sun.

Nice trail. Not much shade and a couple spots in the trail wasn't marked clearly but we got back on track quickly. We did the red trail witch mapped about 2.7 miles. I took my 4 year old son and he had no problem finishing. Lots of wildlife out and about as well. We loved it and will be back.

This trail is great. It is longer than the stated 2.9 miles if you follow the recently extended red trail and then the blue at the cross section it all loops back at the entrance. I gave this trail a 4 because while it is maintained by the county it is still a wild trail. It has a little bit of everything.
Remember; Pitch in, Pick up, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and don't forget your camera.

I hike the red trail which is a 2.4m loop to the East of the old paved road. Shaded maybe 30%. Dry weather turns packed sand into sugar powder. Back section along fence was recently 'fire breaked' obliterating the trail. This trail better than most in area.