Maclay State Gardens

Maclay State Gardens is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tallahassee, FL that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Macclay is a very pleasant in town escape from the hustle and bustle of Tallahassee traffic. The trails are well-marked for bi-peds and cycles. If you are early or late you may even cross paths with deer or turkey. Dogs are welcome, please bring your own baggie. Lake or Ravine trail are great.

Maps and guides along the way, restrooms with rest area, picnic area. perfect

Lovely! I have done it twice—once I saw an alligator eat a duck and the other one I saw two deers because it was late.

Great Fall walk ........ about 5 miles -Water along the way ... Parked at Forest Meadows and walked across Meridian Rd to start .......

Nice trail! Not too many people and nice place to take dogs!

There are two tracks the Double Track and the Single Track Trails. Double Track trails are a Multi-Use trail where runners, hikers and bikers share the track fairly easy. Single-Tracks are off road tracks for mountain bikers to ride single file these are a little more challenging, moderately.

My husband and I took this trail and really enjoyed it.

We hiked this trail with my grandsons ages 4 & 5. There was so many things to keep them interested: a lake, an old cabin, picnic tables, box turtles and a large variety of wild flowers and other various fauna.

My boys and I love to go biking, hiking, and kayaking here. They rent tandem kayaks so that I can bring one kid with me at a time. The bike trail is nice and the gardens are a nice walk. They have grills and a playground. The swimming area is okay as long as its not crowded. Overall, a great place to go!

Macclay hiking and bikng trails are available year round. Now is a great time to go. If you go early or really late without dogs and you are quiet, you can even get a glimpse of wildlife. Turkey and deer abound. Occasionally someone will bring a horse out to the trail, but that is rare. Buy a year round pass to save dollars.