Little Manatee River Loop

Little Manatee River Loop is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Wimauma, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy

Enjoyed it

Easy and beautiful. Access to nice primitively sites

My 14 year old son and I really enjoyed this trail. We completed a scenic 6.2 mile loop. Most of the trail was wooded with plenty of shade. Roughly 2 miles along the river. Lots of bugs. Did not see other wildlife but we did go at the hottest time of the day. Evidence of wild hogs throughout the hike.

Overall ok IMO. We have a young Rhodesian Ridgeback so we love to hike Florida parks.

Pluses .. saw a black racer snake and a good sized deer darted right across the trail. Good thing dog was on the leash. Trail easy and well marked although the big loop that would have increased the walk from 2.5 mi to over 6 mi was closed off. The wife was elsewhere this am so just as well

Minuses .. Buggy of course. Bug spray definitely helped. Scenery not super interesting compared to other nearby trails. Also they as for s $5 fee which I happily paid, I assume this goes to maintaining the trail (lots of bridges and plank pathways over water and mud). Other area trails are free other than Myakka State park which happens to be awesome.

I prefer Rye Preserve which doesn't seem to be on All Trails.

Good to have a variety though. Also love Emerson Point and Robinson's Preserve.

This was a great hiking area. We did the hike north of the river.(6.5 miles) I would say majority of it was under the canopy. Lots of changes in scenery which kept it very interesting. Clean narrow trails, some holes from hogs. There were areas that were somewhat flooded, but you could usually walk around it. On the river route the bugs were really bad, we forgot bug spray. We didn't see any wildlife which was disappointing.