Lake Proctor Wilderness Loop Trail

Lake Proctor Wilderness Loop Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Geneva, FL that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I wasn't very impressed with this trail for hiking. I hiked the whole 6+/- miles that the trails provide but it was more work then enjoyable. The trails are marked with 2" round metal markers; Most of which are sun faded, in obscure areas, or covered with over growth, and they are few and far between one another. I had to double back a few times. Along with keeping a sharp eye to find markers, I had to keep an eye on the ground to avoid horse droppings. Also, portions of the trails are soft sandy fire roads, which eat up a lot of energy when walking on them. There are a bunch of areas where I stopped, took a deep breath, and embraced the beautiful scenery in front of me, but I don't think I'll find myself here again.

8/14/2013 -- I went on this trail to see if it was a good choice for a group hike I'm leading in a couple of weeks. The trail itself was very well maintained and offered a lot to see of the typical Florida variety. I went on a HOT Saturday afternoon with temps in the 90's and high humidity. Obviously because of the time of day and the heat index there was no wildlife to be seen although ample evidence in the way of tracks of a number of different critters mainly deer, raccoon, etc. While I had a good time and enjoyed the trail I decided to take my group elsewhere, but will revisit this trail again.

Very fun. At one point we thought we heard a deer and stopped to see it. What came out of the woods was a very black, very large dog:) No clue who he was with but he was happy and just ran right by us. Trail was well marked and nice variation.