Lake Louisa State Park Trail

Lake Louisa State Park Trail is a 6.2 mile out and back trail located near Clermont, FL that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Clear,flat trail. Easy hike or bike through oak hammocks and Palmettos. At the beginning this seemed like it was going to be a great hike. On the drive in we saw an American Kestrel perched photogenically on a "Wildlife Xing" sign. A small pond near the start of the trail was literally covered with Ibis and a couple Great Blue Herons. After the intitial promise however, we saw nothing larger than a small frog and NUMEROUS MOSQUITOS. The area is cris crossed with trails and roads, any of which would be great for easy hiking or mountain biking. We wandered around, trying one direction and then another. I was looking to get a little off the main trails. In other words I wanted a bit more hike than just the clearly marked, and nicely signed, Nature trail. No matter how we tried we never managed to get too far away from the main road which I count as sort of a negative on a hike. In fact, on the way back, we wound up walking along the road for nearly a mile. We got a nice walk in, the weather was gorgeous and we only saw 2 other hikers.

I went for the first time yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I came across a few turtles. I rode my bike on the road for awhile then came across the nature trail. It was shaded and peaceful to bike. I will be coming back to explore more of the park. What I did see, I highly enjoyed.

I did a12 mile hike and really enjoyed it. The part through the area that was burned was particularly interesting, seeing how the natural environment is coming back. Missed altitude changes however.

Nice. Peaceful.

Was a nice hike not a lot of people and even less after you get to the south western and west side area of the park

we were here a little while back and it's another great place to walk or bike thru some nice flat trails. the fishing is good also and there a beach and a place to swim and camp.

We had a nice day, and there are many trails to take have to come back soon

The trails are well marked if you carry a map you'll never get lost, I've hiked over 25 miles in this park and still haven't been on all the trails. This so far is the nicest Florida state park I've been in.

well marked trails easy to find your way around. Hiked 8 miles today will be going back to hike the rest of the trails.

Trails are wide and very sandy. Not much to see as far as views but we did run across some tame deer that allowed me to walk within 20 feet to get some great photos. Very easy trail due to it being so flat.

Another wonderful Florida state park! We stayed in a cabin for Memorial Day weekend. Well worth it, you only need to bring personal items, food and drinks. Fully furnished and a full kitchen. The park is very big and has a lot of trails and lakes. There are a lot of osprey nesting in the area. Also had gotten a couple of quick views of some turkey, gopher tortoise and a deer. Lots of lush green vegetation, tall trees and Spanish moss. If out walking the trails, keep an eye out for cactus, not only for the obvious reason, but for the vibrant yellow flower that comes with it. It almost seems to emit light they are so bright. Had a great time there and the staff was great. Highly recommend spending a weekend there, and we will be going back. Oh yeah, the cabin doesn't come with a tv, which is great. Helps keep people outside.

Had a nice 3 hour hike. Had few encounters with wildlife, did a bit of Geocaching and saw lots of people competing in an Orienteering race that looked fun. The trails are VERY sandy though.

Ran here for the first time today. First trail run since moving here from upstate NY. While not the Finger Lakes National Forest, the park is gorgeous and teeming with wildlife. The trails are not very technical but very pleasant to run on, so much better than paved trails. I live close by so I'll be back often.

canoeing

Good park for a day of paddling in one of the tow lakes. You can enjoy also swimming in the bigest lake. There are some cabins that look amazing to stay in for some days.