Lafayette Heritage Trail

Lafayette Heritage Trail is a 6.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tallahassee, Florida that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Connects Tom Brown Park and Lafayette Heritage Park. Parallels to Piney-Z neighborhood.

A great escape in Tallahassee to hike. Well maintained and wherever you start on the trail it's a lovely walk :)

One of my favorite hikes, it is easy as a walking trail (biking trails look much more challenging). You can hike it year-round, but wear mosquito spray during warmer weather. It's in Tallahassee, with the easiest parking at the end of Pedrick Road.

Always a nice walk, and very convenient. The new overlook is amazing and the lakes are always a pleasant site. Great trail, if not a little too busy sometimes.

Use Billy trail to go all the way around the lake. Take Cadillac trail for a great trail run. Watch for bikes.

Peaceful. Not crowded

Easy trails for hiking. Water for dog to cool in, watch for gators and snakes though.

Beautiful Trail with slightly hilly terrain. Wonderful sightseeing and great lake views.

Good trail. Well marked-wildlife. Great views as you approach Heritage Trail Park. Even better to cross between the lakes and go up to the railroad bridge crossover.

I parked my car at Tom Brown park and rode the Cadillac Trail (west and east sections). Once I got back to the parking lot I found another trail head to the Magnolia Trail, and I rode that one as well. Both trails are pretty well marked and a lot of fun. They are flowy in most areas with some more technical offshoots that are generally well marked as higher difficulty level sections. Overall, it's a great place to ride.

Awesome place to mountain bike. We started at Tom Brown Park. Take the Cadillac trail it's a blast all the way through and great scenery with places to stop and rest along the way.

My wife and I love this trail and area. we live about a block away and have a kayak we take out often. I have taken some of the coolest photos of gator out here. One of them was even on the Time Magazine website front page on Earth Day 2014. So much wildlife out here, and such a well maintained area...