Kolokee Trail in Little Big Econ State Forest

Kolokee Trail in Little Big Econ State Forest is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Geneva, FL that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.8 miles Loop

This is an out and back trail used for hiking only that follows a river. This trail starts at the Barr St Trailhead in Little Big Econ State Forest. Shortly after it starts it joins the Florida National Scenic Trail and continues along following the river. The trail ends at a bridged river crossing where it joins horse and biking trails.

One if my favorite trails. I visit it regularly. Plenty of shade.

I hiked this trail on a fine February day and found it well maintained, marked and used. It was a weekend and had quite a number of hikers. I was with a group from "Go Outside and Play" so we were probably a bit slower than a smaller group. The trail follows the Econlockhatchee River but deviates to short cut at some horseshoe sections. There were no facilities, bring what ever you might need. I plan to hike it again either solo or with fewer companions