Hugh Birch State Park Loop

Hugh Birch State Park Loop is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Lauderdale, FL and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

I love this place. Lots of meandering trails with thick vegetation and slick reptiles. Paved trail around the park is great for biking safely.

Quiet, away from crowds, plants similar to Hawaii, short trail though and that's why the low score. Water taxi stops there.

geocaching

Great variety of caches hidden in this park. Considering the trails and scenery the park is well worth a visit.

I visited with my 2 kids and will not go back. I don't find that it is safe since my daughter pointed out a man sitting in a wooded section of our trail. Really scared me!

This park has so much to offer from bike/walking/roller-blading trails, hidden tunnels and established rest areas, intercoastal views and beach access under Sunrise Blvd. (great to avoid crossing street with children), wildlife, the list goes on and on. One of the few places in Fort Lauderdale that still boasts Old Florida trees with roots wider than roads. A must-do if you are looking to capture a glimpse of Florida's history.